Amphibious landing can't land (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

MTTODD -> Amphibious landing can't land (8/9/2019 6:43:19 PM)

Hi,

Why would my amphibious landing ship not be able to land on a clear hex ?

I have read the manual, but it only mentions the weather stopping a landing. The weather in this case is clear.

I am trying to land in New Guinea, a few hexes before I could of landed, so not sure why I can't now. The conditions seem the same.

Many thanks for any help.

sapper32 -> RE: Amphibious landing can't land (8/9/2019 9:42:34 PM)

Are you at war with who is occupying the island ? . In one of my games although USA was at 100% my opponent had not declared war so I had to Declare war upon Japan and the other Axis powers

Mercutio -> RE: Amphibious landing can't land (8/9/2019 10:20:21 PM)

What type of hex? Some you cannot land on

MTTODD -> RE: Amphibious landing can't land (8/10/2019 9:30:18 AM)

Hi,

1) I am at war with New Guinea, because as I said. I can land on the earlier hex (211,88).

2) I am trying to land on hex(219,92) which like hex(211,88) is a clear hex.

I am thinking it is a bug.

Appreciate your reply's

Hartmann -> RE: Amphibious landing can't land (8/10/2019 10:50:11 AM)

Hex 211,88 is Dutch New Guinea - a part of the Dutch East Indies. Hex 219, 92 is part of New Guinea proper. You have to declare war on them separately. I saw the same confusion in a letsplay of the game too btw where the player wondered why he can't land on Rabaul and thought it's a bug.

MTTODD -> RE: Amphibious landing can't land (8/10/2019 10:20:17 PM)

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, that would explain it!

But as I have mentioned before in these forums, I don't think the game is very good at displaying feedback to the user.

Why could the game not display a message telling me that 'I need to declare war on New Guinea' when I attempted to land my amphibious transport ?

Last time I suggested the game did not display information well, Hubert disagreed.

Thanks again.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI