Help: Units Won't Follow Orders! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

serfCharlemagne -> Help: Units Won't Follow Orders! (8/15/2019 8:56:16 PM)

Hi guys, I'm still learning the game and am having trouble getting units to do what I want them to. I was hoping someone here could explain what I'm doing wrong.

I'm playing the last of the flight tutorials, the "advanced combat" one where you play as Israel with F-22s and F-35s against Syrians with Chinese and Russian planes.

First problem: I sent two flights of Tomcats out to engage the enemy AWACS and OECM planes at long range. I set up an AAW Strike mission and checked the "only engage mission-specific targets" box on the side, then plotted a manual course to the south-east so that they wouldn't fly through the middle of the enemy fighter swarm. However, one of the flights immediately shot two Phoenixes at enemy fighters that happened to be in range then RTBed. The other flight had the flight leader listening to my manually-plotted course, but the wingman flew directly at the enemy AWACS, right through the middle of the enemy fighter swarm.

Second Problem: I sent my two F-22s behind all the enemy fighters also to hunt the OECM plane, but they won't engage the damn thing. I manually allocated two sidewinders to the target, but once they reached the end of their plotted course they just flew around in circles without trying to close the distance. After I manually plotted another course to put them within sidewinder range they still wouldn't engage. There was a "target is outside of boresight limits" error in the weapon allocation menu, but why wouldn't the F-22s just *turn toward* the target to fix that? I finally just hit F1 instead of Shift+F1, and THEN they engaged no problem. What gives?

I tried attaching the game file, but it says the file type is not supported. Thanks in advance for any help.

dcpollay -> RE: Help: Units Won't Follow Orders! (8/15/2019 9:16:00 PM)

Can't help you with the behaviors, but I think you have to attach the file as a .zip file, not a game save file.

serfCharlemagne -> RE: Help: Units Won't Follow Orders! (8/16/2019 6:48:21 PM)

Hello, here is the game save file for the problem. I saved it as a '.save' file rather than a '.scen' file, so it might not work. I'll attach an autosave file as well, but the furthest back autosave is at a point after the problems I'm describing.

Dimitris -> RE: Help: Units Won't Follow Orders! (8/29/2019 10:31:24 AM)

Hi, can you please post a save at the beginning of the "Tomcat going rogue" sequence? The save you posted is an "after the fact" snapshot, it's like a photograph of a traffic accident after the accident. We need the "pre-accident" snapshot in order to be able to watch in slow motion and spot any flaws. Thanks!

Dimitris -> RE: Help: Units Won't Follow Orders! (9/7/2019 8:53:37 AM)

bump

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI