WitE 1.12.00 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

morvael -> WitE 1.12.00 (8/18/2019 7:24:08 PM)

Hello

Sorry for a long pause. I'm glad to report that WitE 1.12.00 is now finished, and the files were delivered to 2by3 (as of 10 seconds ago) for production and publication as new Public Beta.

Sincerely yours,
morvael

edit: And it really should be treated as beta, as changes to supply system will have far reaching consequences, some of which are left for you to discover. I suggest using it only for new games, and finishing games in progress using older version.

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/18/2019 7:35:34 PM)

Good to hear from you morvael and looking forward to see what 1.12.00 will bring. Although I will have to write a new "how supply works" I am afraid [:D]

fritzfarlig -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/18/2019 7:43:50 PM)

Where Can we see the changelog

Telemecus -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/18/2019 7:45:28 PM)

Will be looking forward to it!

I guess this should be chalked up as a VERY BIG patch.

morvael -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/18/2019 7:46:57 PM)

Changelog

fritzfarlig -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/18/2019 8:08:36 PM)

Thanks a huge update

CrazyBear -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/18/2019 9:14:40 PM)

is their a code for the steam Beta is asking for a code for the log in to allow beta

morvael -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/18/2019 9:36:56 PM)

It's not published yet, will take a few weeks probably.

CrazyBear -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/18/2019 10:01:00 PM)

thank you

Chris21wen -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/18/2019 10:06:05 PM)

Thought I'd finished updating the manual, then you com along with changes[;)] Woe is me.

56ajax -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/19/2019 8:59:22 AM)

Crikey! [:)]

Thx

wkuh -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/19/2019 11:50:01 AM)

Impressive...

Balou -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/19/2019 2:50:49 PM)

Great Job ! Looks like logistics will cause headaches to Axis in late 41.

ajds -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/19/2019 4:31:29 PM)

Wow. Is Morvael being paid? Because he should be - this looks like a different game (a better game). Outstanding work.

joelmar -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/19/2019 11:03:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Morvael

And it really should be treated as beta, as changes to supply system will have far reaching consequences, some of which are left for you to discover. I suggest using it only for new games

Interesting changes.

These sentences caught my eye in the change log:
"Rail capacity is no longer unlimited."
"However, rail capacity was used only for unit transport, and was effectively unlimited for the purposes of resource transport."

Does this mean that it will now be impossible for the Axis to use a single line east to supply AGN and AGC, or a single line from Rumania to supply AGS ?
Or maybe does a limitation on the ressources and supplies in cities create the same effect by limiting the units able to sustain themselves in the vicinity?
And if so, is there a way to monitor it easily for planification purposes?

56ajax -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/19/2019 11:49:24 PM)

What caught my eye was experience can increase by up to 9 points

Tejszd -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/20/2019 2:02:19 AM)

Thank you Morvael

Whyalterhistory -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/20/2019 6:07:47 AM)

I can see that a lot of work was done to create this. Good Job! As for me, you can keep. it.

fritzfarlig -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/20/2019 6:32:29 AM)

very good question I also wondered what this entailed

Interesting changes.

These sentences caught my eye in the change log:
"Rail capacity is no longer unlimited."
"However, rail capacity was used only for unit transport, and was effectively unlimited for the purposes of resource transport."

Does this mean that it will now be impossible for the Axis to use a single line east to supply AGN and AGC, or a single line from Rumania to supply AGS ?
Or maybe does a limitation on the ressources and supplies in cities create the same effect by limiting the units able to sustain themselves in the vicinity?

morvael -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/20/2019 7:19:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joelmar

For that you need WitW/WitE2 engine, which limits how many cargo points can go over a single/double track line per turn. In WitE1 "limited" simply means that the total of railway points generated by your railyards will be used to determine whether you can transport required supplies to their destination, and the decrease (in case of shortage) in delivered goods will be global (and you will have less to move new units in). This may need refining in a small follow up patch. I want to make sure replacements are also limited by this (only by general %, not that they would add to rail usage themselves), and perhaps add an option to specify how many % of your rail capacity to reserve for unit movement (for now supplies to existing units are deemed more important).

morvael -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/20/2019 7:20:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 56ajax

What caught my eye was experience can increase by up to 9 points

It's basically fixing experience gain to levels stated in the manual.

joelmar -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/20/2019 12:11:24 PM)

quote:

In WitE1 "limited" simply means that the total of railway points generated by your railyards will be used to determine whether you can transport required supplies to their destination, and the decrease (in case of shortage) in delivered goods will be global (and you will have less to move new units in)

Thanks for your answer. I was hoping for something else, but I was expecting it. Why was this done, if I may ask?

morvael -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/20/2019 5:44:19 PM)

To introduce penalties that come from an in-game system rather than slap arbitrary penalties without relation to any system in the game. You'll find vehicles to be main supply constraint, rail is only cosmetics (but may limit the mobility of reserves, especially moving a lot lateral to the front).

joelmar -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/20/2019 10:45:44 PM)

quote:

To introduce penalties that come from an in-game system rather than slap arbitrary penalties without relation to any system in the game. You'll find vehicles to be main supply constraint, rail is only cosmetics (but may limit the mobility of reserves, especially moving a lot lateral to the front).

Ok, thanks. Not sure I understand the need, I will have to wait and see, but I really hope I will like it...

sil01 -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/21/2019 1:23:16 PM)

-----

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/21/2019 2:03:26 PM)

Wait, rough +3 now? Interesting.

Dense means *2 cv for all infantry and /2 for all AFV

xhoel -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/22/2019 11:46:11 PM)

@morvael: Good to hear that the new patch is done. The changelog reads very nicely although I have some questions about some of the things in there.

My bigger question would be: Knowing that this patch is a very big update (due to the revamped supply system) and because such a big change will probably come with its own set of problems (you yourself stated that it is in beta status and is not recommended for ongoing games) why wasn't the patch split in 2 "versions": version 1.11.04 containing the bug fixes and which we could use with ongoing games without a problem and version 1.12.00 which would be in beta till all the rough edges were smoothed out?

Thanks for the hard work that you have put into the new patch!

If you have time please take a look into the thread: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4668357

Several player have expressed their support for a change in the way Pioneers/Construction units are handled by the SU Level setting and it would be great to see this useless setting change.

Cheers!

morvael -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/23/2019 7:15:08 AM)

Not enough resources (time & willpower) to work on two versions or to backport changes from big patch to small patch. I actually started that supply system rework last August (immediately after 1.11.03), and fleshed it out in November. Then I was mostly ill for half a year and couldn't continue development. From time to time I've added smaller changes (they grew on top of the big supply system rework). Your idea is very good, if only I could spend a day per week on WitE this whole time it would be possible, alas that's not the case.

I'll add that SU change to my TODO list, but can't promise anything at this point. We have to first see whether there are any critical bugs, and whether the supply system is fine or too harsh on the Axis advance. From my calculations the Axis have too many vehicles in GC41 (by about 100k), and even with my changes lack of vehicles only kicks in during First Winter. You all need to have the new version in your hands and play some games first. As you know there are no development version testers, so I can only base my observations on how the AI vs AI play changes, and as we know AI isn't the best player in the world, so it's not exerting a great pressure on new systems, like PBEM players will do.

xhoel -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/23/2019 1:01:02 PM)

I understand completely. I think it is commendable that you still continue to work on patching the game alone, for that I am very thankful. I am sorry to hear that you have had health problems, hope everything is going good now and wish you a speedy recovery.

It is helpful to know that you are at least willing to add it to your to do list and it isn't just being ignored. I think some players have actually expressed interest in acting as testers for new patches, maybe you can create a thread where people sign up for it and help you test the game.

Thanks for you answer and take care!

chaos45 -> RE: WitE 1.12.00 (8/23/2019 1:43:29 PM)

Will take a look been away for a couple months now.

Just a plug for another different type of game Steel Division 2 is out now and not a bad overall game for an RTS on WW2. Balance is still be worked on like all games but its solid and fun with friends IMO.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI