RE: New Scenario for Testing - Operation El Dorado Canyon, 1986 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

Kushan04 -> RE: New Scenario for Testing - Operation El Dorado Canyon, 1986 (11/6/2020 7:19:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stolowski
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the best thread to report a problem with this scenario, but every time I start it (in CMO), I'm getting this Lua error:
"Lua script execution error: [string "Game_Setup"]:224: attempt to compare nil with number"
It is displayed right after unpausing CMO, at the same time as "Special messages" window with weather forcast.

I'm not sure if this is harmful and has any impact on the scenario as I just started looking at it. I've a copy of this scenario from the Community Scenario Pack 043.

Sorry Stolowski, I've got no clue whats going on. I just ran all 3 copies of the same scenario (my dev version, Steam, and the one from the CSP zip) and they all work fine. Please make sure your version of CMO is updated to at least the latest official patch.

Devs say it all the time; please upload a save game. Its hard to diagnose issues without one.

Its not harmful, all it means is a script didn't run. Likely one of the scenario features I scripted in isn't going to work but it'll still be playable. Its not something that's going to crash your PC.

Please try the version from THIS thread. Its the same as the CSP/Steam. Let me know if you have the same issue.

stolowski -> RE: New Scenario for Testing - Operation El Dorado Canyon, 1986 (11/6/2020 9:49:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kushan04
Sorry Stolowski, I've got no clue whats going on. I just ran all 3 copies of the same scenario (my dev version, Steam, and the one from the CSP zip) and they all work fine. Please make sure your version of CMO is updated to at least the latest official patch.

Devs say it all the time; please upload a save game. Its hard to diagnose issues without one.

Its not harmful, all it means is a script didn't run. Likely one of the scenario features I scripted in isn't going to work but it'll still be playable. Its not something that's going to crash your PC.

Please try the version from THIS thread. Its the same as the CSP/Steam. Let me know if you have the same issue.

Kushan04: I think the problem was caused by the fact that I was trying to load your scenario after playing some other scenario (I finished one of the Silent Service missions, then returned to the Start Menu, and tried to start Operation El Dorado Canyon); I tried a few times (without quitting CMO), and it was failing like that every time right after loading (after un-pausing). Perhaps CMO didn't reinitialize something correctly after finishing my previous game; I've just now tried by starting CMO and your scenario loaded just fine with no error!

I guess it was a bug/glitch of CMO, most likely something very elusive because I've never experienced it before in 300+ hours with CMO. And by the way I'm running the current stable 1.02.114714, steam version.

Thanks

Kushan04 -> RE: New Scenario for Testing - Operation El Dorado Canyon, 1986 (11/7/2020 2:14:26 AM)

That'll do it. CMO doesn't clear out lua variables when you load a new scenario after having run previous one. You have to close the game and restart or the scenario designer has to specifically set there value to 0. Normally not a problem because most designers use there own variables but I used a lot of Apaches scripts with some minor changes to values. The variable names where all left unchanged. In short, the weather script was holding over values from one of his scenarios.

mikkey -> RE: New Scenario for Testing - Operation El Dorado Canyon, 1986 (11/7/2020 10:13:51 AM)

Hi Kushan, I have the same error message at the beginning of your scenario. I looked at the lua code and it looks like there is a small typo in the variable name in the "Game_Setup" script. Name of the local variable is "BenghasziSHORAD" (with the letter "S" in addition) and in the IF statement the name of the variable "BenghaziSHORAD" is used. When I delete the letter "S", everything works fine. Thanks.

[image]local://upfiles/28255/E2E8FDE7703F4AE285EB612551C975E1.jpg[/image]

Kushan04 -> RE: New Scenario for Testing - Operation El Dorado Canyon, 1986 (11/7/2020 9:16:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikkey
Hi Kushan, I have the same error message at the beginning of your scenario. I looked at the lua code and it looks like there is a small typo in the variable name in the "Game_Setup" script. Name of the local variable is "BenghasziSHORAD" (with the letter "S" in addition) and in the IF statement the name of the variable "BenghaziSHORAD" is used. When I delete the letter "S", everything works fine. Thanks.

Thanks mikkey, fixed. I'll push an update to Steam and the other thread in a few days. I'm going to make some minor changes to the scoring.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI