Fast Transport (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

pcasey -> Fast Transport (8/29/2019 8:53:52 PM)

Task forces can choose various missions.

One of those missions is "Fast Transport".

If I choose that kind of mission I can pick most surface combatants (DD, CA, BB) and a subset of transports like APD.

If I read the manual, each of the combat ships has a certain "notional" cargo capacity ... DD can carry like 50 cargo, and CA is more like 200 or some such.

If I build a Fast Transport task force full of APD I can load cargo or troops on it normally.

If I build a Fast Transport task force with like 5 DD in it, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to load any cargo though ... what's the secret to getting combat ships to load cargo when in a Fast Transport task force?

Gridley380 -> RE: Fast Transport (8/29/2019 9:28:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pcasey

If I choose that kind of mission I can pick most surface combatants (DD, CA, BB) and a subset of transports like APD.

If I read the manual, each of the combat ships has a certain "notional" cargo capacity ... DD can carry like 50 cargo, and CA is more like 200 or some such.

If I build a Fast Transport task force full of APD I can load cargo or troops on it normally.

If I build a Fast Transport task force with like 5 DD in it, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to load any cargo though ... what's the secret to getting combat ships to load cargo when in a Fast Transport task force?

I believe only IJN surface combatants have that "notional" cargo capacity (as the IJN did historically use their ships this way but the USN didn't, nor outside of Dunkirk did any other Allied navy that I can think of).

Edit: typo.

engineer -> RE: Fast Transport (8/29/2019 9:32:51 PM)

That's my understanding, too. Also, note that Allied APD's usually have a capacity of 180 or 200 and when you go with fast transport mission, that capacity is cut in third.

pcasey -> RE: Fast Transport (8/29/2019 9:41:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: pcasey

I believe only IJN surface combatants have that "notional" cargo capacity (as the IJN did historically use their ships this way but the USN didn't, nor outside of Dunkirk did any other Allied navy that I can think of).

Edit: typo.

Ah ... so that only applies to IJN ships.

That would seem to be the secret sauce I was missing.

Thank you.

RangerJoe -> RE: Fast Transport (8/29/2019 9:44:51 PM)

You could consider looking at some of the previous threads started by other people for answers. Then, if you don't find what you want, just start ONE thread. Just thinking . . .

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI