USB Chaos (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Zorch -> USB Chaos (9/4/2019 2:10:08 AM)

Are you confused about USB interfaces? I am [:(]

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3346142/usb4-what-this-future-standard-means-for-usb-chaos-and-thunderbolt-3.html

[image]local://upfiles/34241/B095EAAB750F46BA861B4B84A3BF6D9B.jpg[/image]

RangerJoe -> RE: USB Chaos (9/4/2019 3:01:37 AM)

dazed and confused

Lobster -> RE: USB Chaos (9/4/2019 8:47:31 AM)

As I understand it all new specifications are supposed to be backwards compatible. So USB4 is supposed to work on a motherboard with USB 1.x and I do say supposed to. You just won't be able to take advantage of the newer tech benefits

Greybriar -> RE: USB Chaos (9/6/2019 7:38:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

As I understand it all new specifications are supposed to be backwards compatible. So USB4 is supposed to work on a motherboard with USB 1.x and I do say supposed to. You just won't be able to take advantage of the newer tech benefits

I tried using a USB 3 on an old PC with USB 1 hardware. Not only didn't it work, but it damaged the computer and the CD drive is now constantly opening and closing itself. I've tried other USB configurations and so far haven't had any problem with USB 2 thru 3.1, so I agree that those are compatible. But not USB 1. And I don't have any USB 4 hardware or thumb drives, so I can't vouch for how compatible or non-compatible they are with older versions.

RangerJoe -> RE: USB Chaos (9/6/2019 8:10:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

I tried using a USB 3 on an old PC with USB 1 hardware. Not only didn't it work, but it damaged the computer and the CD drive is now constantly opening and closing itself. I've tried other USB configurations and so far haven't had any problem with USB 2 thru 3.1, so I agree that those are compatible. But not USB 1. And I don't have any USB 4 hardware or thumb drives, so I can't vouch for how compatible or non-compatible they are with older versions.

Maybe it messed up the driver. You might need to reload some - if you can find them.

Orm -> RE: USB Chaos (9/7/2019 5:49:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Nope. Not at all. I prefer not to think about it. And since I do not think about it, I can not get confused by it.

See, problem solved.

Zorch -> RE: USB Chaos (9/7/2019 10:32:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Nope. Not at all. I prefer not to think about it. And since I do not think about it, I can not get confused by it.

See, problem solved.

[image]local://upfiles/34241/90A76B2949FD418584C12415CE67761F.jpg[/image]

Handle -> RE: USB Chaos (9/11/2019 3:15:41 PM)

I am waiting for the time when all the equipment will switch to USB-C.

Zorch -> RE: USB Chaos (9/11/2019 6:47:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Handle

I am waiting for the time when all the equipment will switch to USB-C.

The article explains why this won't happen. [:(]
And why some USB is incompatible with some older stuff. [8|]

dengken -> RE: USB Chaos (9/18/2019 7:20:27 AM)

i am so confused, this is so complicated!

zakblood -> RE: USB Chaos (9/18/2019 7:21:41 AM)

yes so are we, 7 posts so quick for a cooker

normally that's a appliance in the kitchen, maybe you mean cook?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI