No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

scout1 -> No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (9/8/2019 9:32:41 PM)

For a game that will supposedly be released in Q4, 2019 …….

Kinda surprised there hasn't been ANY AAR from the beta effort …..

Come on guys ….. throw us a bone …… pretty please ….

AlvaroSousa -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (9/10/2019 1:37:47 AM)

That is up to marketing. I think something is in the works because in beta 2 players are posting an AAR.

scout1 -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (9/19/2019 9:23:21 PM)

Fair enough ….

I've seen the mini AAR/tease and is EXTREMELY lite given a product which may be released within a couple/few months.

What've I've seen in other topics intrigues/interests me very much ….
The lack of any real AAR at this stage gives me pause ….

May have to wait this one out after release just to find out …. pity

AlvaroSousa -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (9/20/2019 1:52:10 AM)

I'm sure a lot of people will review, write AAR, and put up videos.

I am focused on smoothing out the game. The testers and I are hard at work play testing to spot bugs and adjustments to the game.
I want to be sure it is enjoyable out of the box.

Eric Estes -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (9/20/2019 1:13:42 PM)

No worries fuzzypup; based on what I've seen already, you've got at least one first day buyer (me).

juntoalmar -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/8/2019 5:55:27 PM)

Any updates about the AAR? It's about 2 weeks for the game release.

Meteor2 -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/8/2019 6:51:43 PM)

My question, too.
SC releases had a quite different marketing before release. And maybe better ...
Quite interessted in this game, but astonished, that no proper AAR or YT video is made available.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/8/2019 7:24:47 PM)

AARs are up to marketing not myself. That is why they are my publisher.

I can tell you the testers have been having fun. They have been a tremendous help in improving the game.

Duck Doc -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/12/2019 3:38:01 PM)

Well, there is a series of beta play by The Wargaming Guy on YouTube and I am underwhelmed by the presentation. I'll bet I am not the only one who goes there (YouTube) for previews of a possible purchase before buying. On the basis of what's there, I won't be at the front of the line. Just sayin'...

Quite a difference from the previews of FG2 on YouTube.

zakblood -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/12/2019 3:42:41 PM)

that's from an early beta, games moved on quite a lot from then

v0.7 it seems and dated

[;)]

AlvaroSousa -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/12/2019 4:28:22 PM)

WarPlan is a wargame first. It is a game of depth in strategy. Players must consider logistics, balance, positioning, asset building, and planning throughout the game.

If the game comes out with positive reviews I know I am on the right track to making it better.
If the game comes out with negative reviews I know what I have to improve to make it better and get it on the right track.
Either way it is a win-win for me. We learn the most from our defeats not from our victories.

Duck Doc -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/12/2019 5:06:30 PM)

Roger that (both above).

Great attitude about the success of the game.

I actually think, on the basis of the presentations of the game's features on this forum, the reviews will be outstanding and very reassuring. I wish you the best regardless. You have created a quality game for sure. This appears to be a strategic game of great elegance, sophistication, and functionality - finally. It is obviously a labor of love.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/12/2019 10:04:03 PM)

Thanks

Duck Doc -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/16/2019 1:40:41 PM)

Ah, good, there is a twitch preview of the game today. The game deserves to be shown in a capable way (that was my only point in my posts above). Looking forward to the stream.

AlbertN -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/16/2019 2:01:00 PM)

I'd rather have an old fashioned Demo that is limited to like few turns where both operational (ie. Poland campaign) and production stuff can be tried out by players.
Than to have a video where I see much and understand little to nothing.

Duck Doc -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/16/2019 7:46:02 PM)

The Twitch stream was great. This game is looking good and I am back at the first of the line.

I am hoping the complexity is not overwhelming and can be managed, though.

Keeping fingers crossed and

carry on,

MorningDew -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/16/2019 8:51:36 PM)

Agree. Twitch stream has actually caused me to start twitching in excitement.

sol_invictus -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/16/2019 9:38:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndrewKurtz

Agree. Twitch stream has actually caused me to start twitching in excitement.

Yeah good stuff!

springel -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/16/2019 11:57:42 PM)

I am not sure I will actually play the game, because I am retired and lazy, and it looks like hard work [:D], but I will probably buy it, just to own a beautiful model of WWII in the spirit of Third Reich, and fiddle around with it.

My introduction to wargaming happened in 1983, when the mad American professor of physics in Nijmegen invited me - new intern in his research group - to play 3rd Reich on Sunday in his office at the University.

Over time, what amazed me, was the amount of balancing and patching that was needed to block exploits and keep the game flow along historical paths, within a certain margin.

So we keep on playing the (in)famous crises of the war.

Anyway, while watching the gameplay, I noticed how on the predicted movement path the number of action points spent were displayed and I thought: wouldn't it be more user friendly to show the remaining action points instead of the spent? That way you would immediately see the offensive potential from that position.

pzgndr -> RE: No AAR's from the Beta Group ? (10/18/2019 12:05:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: springel
I am not sure I will actually play the game, because I am retired and lazy, and it looks like hard work [:D], but I will probably buy it, just to own a beautiful model of WWII in the spirit of Third Reich, and fiddle around with it.

I struggled with this also during playtesting. Not so much because I'm lazy but I'm busy with other things and didn't have the time to delve deeply into it. There are serious planning considerations needed for oil, manpower, and supply aspects, moreso than the simplistic Third Reich. Personally, I also prefer the more simplistic Third Reich, and that motivated me to work on my Advanced Third Reich mod for Strategic Command. As SC and WiF, and now WarPlan, have provided larger scale and more complexity, it takes more time and effort for players to actually play. And for a computer opponent to be made competent and challenging, for solo gamers. Folks need to decide for themselves what they want and what they enjoy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI