Port Size (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios

Uxbridge -> Port Size (9/22/2019 6:22:06 PM)

How do I change the size of a port? Or town/city for that matter? [&:]

mroyer -> RE: Port Size (9/23/2019 2:05:52 AM)

In the editor, you have to select the resource layer and change the resource type.
-Mark R.

Uxbridge -> RE: Port Size (9/24/2019 6:12:19 PM)

No, the only difference between the ports I can make out, is whether they are normal or major. I'm trying to make Shanghai a level 8, but it always turns out a level 5.

Uxbridge -> RE: Port Size (9/24/2019 8:44:54 PM)

What have I done?? Does it have to do with the railways somehow. I have discovered that Japanese units can't operate within China either. Through Manchuria, yep, but not China.

Sometimes I wish that the manual would tell you how to do things, not only aknowledge the fact that it is possible. [8|]

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Port Size (9/25/2019 5:37:03 AM)

The Resources have to be connected to a Major Capital in order to get higher than 5.

BillRunacre -> RE: Port Size (9/25/2019 1:46:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uxbridge

What have I done?? Does it have to do with the railways somehow. I have discovered that Japanese units can't operate within China either. Through Manchuria, yep, but not China.

Sometimes I wish that the manual would tell you how to do things, not only aknowledge the fact that it is possible. [8|]

Unless any settings have been changed, Japanese forces can operate by rail into/out of China providing the resources along the route are at strength 5 or higher.

If they can't then perhaps check any settings, as well as the strength of any Japanese held resources in China.

Uxbridge -> RE: Port Size (9/25/2019 1:56:50 PM)

Hmm ... I can't even operate Japanese units within China. It shouldn't be any different from the vanilla-39 scenario, but I must have changed something inadvertently. I have checked all the settings I'm aware of, but can't find anything.

I will try to add some resource close to Shanghai to see if things improve.

[image]local://upfiles/10890/75B3B24F6457443DBB6830DD37D52E13.jpg[/image]

Uxbridge -> RE: Port Size (9/25/2019 2:32:41 PM)

Ah, yes. I changed the minimum schorched earth setting from 40% to 60% and now it works again. Fine!

But how does that work? I thought that the former 40-80% setting meant that the resource would loose at least 40%, but at most 80%, if captured. My change would in that case narrow it towards worse results, not better.

Does minimum mean the lowest capacity it can have?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI