Programming a Player Aid program (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Scenario Design with the Community Project >> Tech Forum

jswhite1 -> Programming a Player Aid program (9/30/2019 6:01:21 PM)

Hi,

I have no idea if this is the right forum or even if something like this is possible/allowed.

With that said I am programming (self-taught Visual Basic) a player aid application to more easily keep track of the multitude of information available each turn. While currently all the information must be entered by the player I was wondering if it is possible to pull some information directly from the Barbarossa game itself to help automate the process.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

lancer -> RE: Programming a Player Aid program (9/30/2019 9:55:28 PM)

Hi jswhite,

It's an interesting idea. Unfortunately most of the information you'd require would need hard coding to export it to a file in a format suitable for use. Big job.

Cheers,
Cameron

jswhite1 -> RE: Programming a Player Aid program (9/30/2019 10:37:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lancer

Hi jswhite,

It's an interesting idea. Unfortunately most of the information you'd require would need hard coding to export it to a file in a format suitable for use. Big job.

Cheers,
Cameron

Thanks for the response.

Are you saying that it is possible though...just a big job?

If so...I'd be alright with that...[:)]

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Programming a Player Aid program (10/5/2019 10:36:28 PM)

Hi, sounds interesting, what are the features of your program?
As you say semi-automatic data acquisition would be required for a useful tool. WitE has such a tool which exports a .csv file with most important stats.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI