Morale dilution due to replacements. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

xhoel -> Morale dilution due to replacements. (10/10/2019 12:10:07 PM)

I am seeing the morale of units that receive a lot of replacements drop fast. Example would be the G.D Motorized Division, when it upgrades to division, morale dropped from 99 to 93 due to incoming replacements. I have not found this documented anywhere. Is this WAD or is it a bug?

Game version is 1.11.03

morvael -> RE: Morale dilution due to replacements. (10/10/2019 1:01:04 PM)

It's WAD, replacements come with "build" quality and experience, though existing elements have their weight doubled vs replacements. A unit rebuilt from scratch or heavily expanded will see a drop (or increase if it was badly beaten first). At least elite modifier of unit is taken into account, their replacements are better than regulars.

Telemecus -> RE: Morale dilution due to replacements. (10/10/2019 2:24:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael
though existing elements have their weight doubled vs replacements.

In other words 33% dilution?

Beria -> RE: Morale dilution due to replacements. (10/10/2019 3:02:33 PM)

That is it by my maths. I know it affects experience too.

Because the dilution is only partial it makes sense to put your replacements into your best units.

morvael -> RE: Morale dilution due to replacements. (10/10/2019 8:47:03 PM)

10 existing elements have weight 20, 5 new elements have weight 5. If existing elements have exp 80, and replacement have exp 40, you will have (80x20+40x5)/(20+5)=72 final exp in that slot. The same happens with morale on unit level.

thedoctorking -> RE: Morale dilution due to replacements. (10/10/2019 9:18:58 PM)

Is this in the manual? Probably should be.

Chris21wen -> RE: Morale dilution due to replacements. (10/12/2019 5:27:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking

Is this in the manual? Probably should be.

Not the figures, but it does say in section 9.2.1.

'Newly created units will appear on the map with a low experience level to represent the need for many turns of initial training and the build up of unit cohesion. The experience of replacement ground elements is dependant on the national morale of the ground element (9.1.3) but as it is normally lower than the receiving unit, this tends to bring down a unit's average experience. The maximum experience of newly built units and replacements is 75% of the national morale for non-German elite units and German regular units, and 50% in case of non-German regular units. Minimum experience is calculated by taking the unit's morale dividing by two and adding five.'

xhoel -> RE: Morale dilution due to replacements. (10/12/2019 9:43:44 AM)

Thanks for the answer.

@Chris21wen: I think the question was in regards to morale changes. I know the experience changes are in the manual but not the morale one. Maybe it should be added in the morale change section. I didn't know the rule existed until I saw that happen ingame.

Chris21wen -> RE: Morale dilution due to replacements. (10/12/2019 1:49:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: xhoel

Thanks for the answer.

@Chris21wen: I think the question was in regards to morale changes. I know the experience changes are in the manual but not the morale one. Maybe it should be added in the morale change section. I didn't know the rule existed until I saw that happen ingame.

Experience is tied to morale. It does imply so but maybe it's not clear.

'...The experience of replacement ground elements is dependant on the national morale of the ground element (9.1.3) but as it (sic moral) is normally lower than the receiving unit, this tends to bring down a unit's average experience. ...'

xhoel -> RE: Morale dilution due to replacements. (10/12/2019 4:32:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

Experience is tied to morale. It does imply so but maybe it's not clear.

'...The experience of replacement ground elements is dependant on the national morale of the ground element (9.1.3) but as it (sic moral) is normally lower than the receiving unit, this tends to bring down a unit's average experience. ...'

Chris I think you are not understanding me correctly. I am aware of the fact that exp is dependent on morale. I am saying that when a unit receives a lot of replacements not only will its experience go down but its morale will go down as well. And that should be reflected in the manual, since it currently isn't.

See my first post for the example.

Cheers!

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Morale dilution due to replacements. (10/12/2019 10:46:10 PM)

So when you want to keep unit morale of low TOE units, rebuild them slowly?
(using rounding to your advantage)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI