Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Garfield -> Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? (10/11/2019 12:09:23 PM)

Hi all,
I’m playing a PBEM as allied player and my opponent made a little mistake: he forgot to send me two files after finishing his turn and since then he played a turn on another PBEM that he is playing in parallel with another player…
That’s why the “001.pws” file is not the good one anymore (it’s the one form the other game). Same with all the .txt file. I already told him to use the “–archive” command to prevent this kind of issue in the future.
But because it’s a very important turn for me (setting up a major offensive) I really would like to have the “replay”.
What would be the impact if he opens the file coming from me again, plays the “replay” and then sends to me the 001.pws file generated + the turn pws file that he played on the first time (with the lost replay)?

Thinking about this: if you told me that the replay could give a totally different result than the first one (because of probability, of fog of war,…). Does that mean that a Japanese player could launch a replay 10 times a row in order to “select” the one that would be the better for him?

Thank you

Canoerebel -> RE: Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? (10/11/2019 12:34:33 PM)

The 001 should be identical if he replays the turn you sent him a few days ago. (Imagine the mischief if you could get different [better] results by endlessly doing the 001 until you found the results you liked!)

btd64 -> RE: Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? (10/11/2019 1:10:01 PM)

As a general rule of thumb I never play 2 PBEM's from the same install. Always have a seperate install for each PBEM or mod. The only exception I have is Mods that use the same art. For example the RA mods by John3rd. I have all of those mods in one install of AE....GP

Garfield -> RE: Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? (10/11/2019 2:39:58 PM)

Thank you for the answer

Falken -> RE: Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? (10/11/2019 9:59:34 PM)

Although it may sound obvious, and a bit overkill, once one does a mistake, one learns quickly :) if you want to be sure.. always make a zip of the SAVE directory once you move the new turn file into the directory, but before you run the replay. I also make a backup after i make my turn in case i need for a re-run or something.

again, overkill i know, but it's saved me a few times.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI