Kfz 4 Lt AA Car (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Chris21wen -> Kfz 4 Lt AA Car (10/12/2019 1:30:20 PM)

Did the LMG on this vehicle have a dual purpose. I.E. AA when on the vehicle, ground support when off?

King_Solomon -> RE: Kfz 4 Lt AA Car (10/12/2019 2:19:10 PM)

Chris21wen-

According to this link:
http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepage_english/Motor_Vehicles/Germany/Einheits-Fahrgestelle/le__Einheits-Pkw/Kfz__4/kfz__4.html

"A light tripod 34 was stored at the rear. With the tripod, one MG 34 could be used outside of the vehicle."

Interestingly it also states "The units which were allowed to have Kfz 4’s had only one vehicle, each."

Hope that helps! Definitely was an interesting read.

[image]local://upfiles/61006/CFFA5ACD7B6946D6B6D40E770776E766.jpg[/image]

Chris21wen -> RE: Kfz 4 Lt AA Car (10/12/2019 11:10:20 PM)

Yes I read that, but there's a problem with it.

Generally the Kfz had a crew of 3, I'm assuming 1 driver, his side kick and the gunner of the dual mount as some pictures show. KstN with a Kfz 4 show one driver, and two LMG schutzen, again I assume one per LMG so that all ties up.

The LMGs were both removable from the dual mount and with two LMG schutzen could in theory both be used in the ground support roll, so is the info incorrect? Maybe it was correct and German policy to only remove one so leaving some AA cover, all-be-it of questionable effectiveness.

King_Solomon -> RE: Kfz 4 Lt AA Car (10/13/2019 12:07:50 AM)

Yes, everything I saw said a crew of 3 as well, a driver, a gunner, and a loader.

I do not think the info is incorrect, just incomplete. I have no clue on policy. Both guns could be removed and used in a ground support role if needed but only one tripod was included. My question is what type of tripod was included? I would guess an AA Tripod. Even though it can be adjusted it would leave the user exposed if used in a ground support role, right?

And here is a picture of the car with what appears to be the Zwillingslafette 36 mount sitting next to it. My guess is they removed it when they went cruising for girls. Look, he's pointing to where they are! [:)]

[image]local://upfiles/61006/B1B09548B52343C39C5AB7BC286737C6.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI