Fire Control (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade

clodhellmer -> Fire Control (10/17/2019 9:34:29 AM)

Hello! Great game! Just one point: I have four MILANS or Tanks firing on one enemy tank. Is it possible to get fire sectors for the unit? Just do not want to waste 4 rockets or rounds for just one tank. Thanks for your help!

Veitikka -> RE: Fire Control (10/18/2019 9:43:59 PM)

Currently it's not possible to customize the sectors of fire. This would benefit the human player much more than the AI opponent. It would be better to have an automated system that works without micro-management. It can also be debated how well the units would maintain discipline in a real situation.

DoubleDeuce -> RE: Fire Control (10/19/2019 6:20:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: clodhellmer

Hello! Great game! Just one point: I have four MILANS or Tanks firing on one enemy tank. Is it possible to get fire sectors for the unit? Just do not want to waste 4 rockets or rounds for just one tank. Thanks for your help!

This game is not really set up for detailed control of individual units (vehicle and squads) as you are basically the BN, CO or PL leader's of your formations. Due to this your units will tend to open up on anything in range. I found you can get somewhat better control using the "Engagement Ranges" and "Rate of Fire" SOP functions. At some point it would be nice to be able to set range bands or something similar for engagement ranges but we don't have that now.

clodhellmer -> RE: Fire Control (10/20/2019 11:42:17 AM)

Hello! Thanks for the answers. Okay, makes sense but seeing 4 MILAN Troops engaging one BRDM 2, well makes me crying. :) I was an platoon leader in an light infantry unit and fire control was all about. Especially if you are carrying your missiles for the whole day around. :) Anyway, great game and looking forward the next DLC and improvements of the game.

DoubleDeuce -> RE: Fire Control (10/20/2019 12:34:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: clodhellmer

Hello! Thanks for the answers. Okay, makes sense but seeing 4 MILAN Troops engaging one BRDM 2, well makes me crying. :) I was an platoon leader in an light infantry unit and fire control was all about.

I have the same reaction seeing a tank platoon scatter and then point different directions when I order them to defend. :-)

Lowlaner2012 -> RE: Fire Control (10/21/2019 8:48:19 AM)

You can model fire control using range rings, the hold fire command and rate of fire...

At least that's what I use to save ammo :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI