Suggestions for Map Scroll (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

mroyer -> Suggestions for Map Scroll (10/26/2019 10:21:06 AM)

This looks to be a very interesting game and I look forward to digging in and learning its nuances in the coming weeks! I appreciate all the work the developers and testers have put in.

I have a couple of (perhaps as yet uninformed) suggestions regarding map-scroll that I and most likely others would find very useful.

(1) Because I have multiple monitors, I like to turn the Auto Scroll feature off (otherwise when I move my mouse cursor to a monitor that doesn't have the game, the game interprets that as scrolling and rips off to one edge of the map). Turning off auto-scroll, however, also turns off the VERY nice feature of mouse-right-click to drag the map. It would be useful to be able to turn on/off map-scroll and map-drag independently in the options menu.

[Edit: Oops... I have to rescind suggestion #1. It appears now that map-drag DOES in fact work with map-scroll turned off. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong earlier, but it is working just as I would want now!]

(2) Zoom in/out on mouse wheel is awesome! It always zooms in/out on the currently centered hex. It would be very useful to be able to re-center the map on another hex on a mouse click (or double-click). This would allow a quick mouse wheel zoom out, (double-)click to center on a new hex, then mouse wheel to zoom back in on the new location. I could imagine that being one of the most useful ways of moving around the map.

Thanks again for this. I look forward to getting out of boot camp and moving the troops into action!!

-Mark R.

lecrop -> RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll (10/26/2019 11:00:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mroyer
(1) Because I have multiple monitors, I like to turn the Auto Scroll feature off (otherwise when I move my mouse cursor to a monitor that doesn't have the game, the game interprets that as scrolling and rips off to one edge of the map). Turning off auto-scroll, however, also turns off the VERY nice feature of mouse-right-click to drag the map. It would be useful to be able to turn on/off map-scroll and map-drag independently in the options menu.

I have Auto Scroll feature off, and mouse-right-click drag works perfectly for me.

Note that for mouse-right-click drag to work, no unit can be selected.

mroyer -> RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll (10/26/2019 11:33:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lecrop
I have Auto Scroll feature off, and mouse-right-click drag works perfectly for me.

Yep... I discovered that too.

quote:

ORIGINAL: lecrop
Note that for mouse-right-click drag to work, no unit can be selected.

Ahhh..... perhaps that was what I was doing wrong earlier. Thanks lecrop!

-Mark R.

toddtreadway -> RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll (10/26/2019 12:55:11 PM)

I'd like the map to zoom in and out based on where my mouse cursor is. So if I want to go to a different part of the map, I just zoom out, move my mouse where I want to go, then zoom in.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll (10/26/2019 2:38:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

I'd like the map to zoom in and out based on where my mouse cursor is. So if I want to go to a different part of the map, I just zoom out, move my mouse where I want to go, then zoom in.

That is on my list of things to consider.

dks1122 -> RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll (10/27/2019 11:12:54 PM)

Great game, and I really like the map scale and Peters projection. Regarding scroll, one minor quality of life thing I noticed is that when right-click dragging the map, if you accidentally hit the side of the window, the map auto-scrolls back the other direction. Maybe temporarily disable auto scroll when the right mouse button is held down? But it's not really a big issue. Congrats on a great game... looking forward to learning it!

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll (10/28/2019 12:07:09 AM)

I know how to fix that.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI