Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

SU1941 -> Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (10/27/2019 10:00:37 AM)

Hey Guys,

i love grand strategy games but at the moment i dont know what is the better choice - i will buy a new game but donīt know between warplans and Strategic command. What do you think or prefere? Has anyone both and can give me a tip? Both looking well designed but is a big different in the game mechanic? Which one is "more realistic" but has not to much micro managment?

Many thanks for your help and kind regards

comsolut -> RE: Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (10/27/2019 10:18:34 AM)

Always a tough question comparing two games. They are alike but different.

In SC World at War it includes the Pacific, Japan and China. Where Warplan is just Europe.

And if you play solo, then the AI in SC has a proven track record whereas Warplan is too new to know.

I have both and like the feel of Warplan but if the AI turns out to be weak, that would be a problem.

Zovs -> RE: Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (10/27/2019 12:20:52 PM)

I own all four (SC, SC3:WIE, SC3:WAW and WP) and I would lean towards WarPlan.

In WP the AI is decent but I crank it up to max, but prefer PBEM++.

SU1941 -> RE: Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (10/27/2019 1:04:13 PM)

thanks all for the replay - the european theatre is much enough - what do you prefere? Is SC the better choice or do you think that wp make it better? From the videos wp i like a bit more but undecided between sc and wp :-/ :-)

sillyflower -> RE: Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (10/27/2019 1:35:58 PM)

I have SPII but not III : I'm not really interested in the Pacific theatre. It has the advantage of having had a long period of fine tuning and some excellent mods -especially Fall Weiss.

I very rarely buy new games: launch inevitably is like a huge public beta (even with AAA titles), and the game improves greatly if the design team are good and support the game in the light of experience and feedback. That is clearly happening here.

I will get Warplan in Jan, when I get a new computer. The only way to know which game is better for you is for you to buy both. 2 very good games are better than 1

SU1941 -> RE: Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (10/27/2019 2:06:29 PM)

thanks for all i will buy wp first and perhaps sc later :-) one stupid question - the game is a download game or? dont need a dvd or anything else :-)

comsolut -> RE: Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (10/27/2019 2:07:42 PM)

Download

SU1941 -> RE: Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (10/27/2019 2:58:28 PM)

great thanks now i own wp :-) hope i can start next weekend my first game against another human player :-)

ThunderLizard11 -> RE: Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (10/28/2019 9:16:23 PM)

How about WP versus SC:WiE? Maps are roughly the same. Which has a "smarter" AI? Also, is this game going to be on Steam soon?

Numdydar -> RE: Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (10/28/2019 11:15:23 PM)

I do not own WP so all I know is what I have read here. I do own SC:WiE and SC:WaW. I loved WiE and can easily recommend it. WaW not so much, unless you really want a global wwii game. As the scale is much more condensed than in WiE which really disappointed me as the Pacific feels way too small.

If/When WP comes out with a Pacific map, I will see what their PTO looks like and determine then if I will buy or not. To be honest, I am just very tired of ETO WWII games so see no reason to buy yet another one

ThunderLizard11 -> RE: Short Question Warplan or SC World at War (10/28/2019 11:28:37 PM)

TBC - I already own SC-WiE and SC-WaW. I like both but since OP asked about WaW and responses comments on that I'd like to know how people compare just to WiE so it's the same scale, etc...

I'm concerned about the AI in particular.

I'm also reluctant to get a non-Steam game as I've gotten use to not managing patches any more. Not a show stopper though.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI