Belgian Game Steam CTD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum

DannyJim_slith -> Belgian Game Steam CTD (10/31/2019 6:59:32 PM)

Hi

I've bought and installed the DLC. Playing Bastogne Redux as the Belgians I get a CTD and the message:

ERROR: CL_IODeviceProvider_File::CL_IODeviceProvider_File(): Unable to open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Armored Brigade\data\graphics\infantry\west\ww_1lmg_moving.png'

Could you advise please?

Ta

Dan

zakblood -> RE: Belgian Game Steam CTD (10/31/2019 7:42:02 PM)

just tested mine and it worked, or didn't make the same error happen, so until someone else replies,

try this one first,

quote:

How to refresh your Steam files (Clear download cache)
From your Steam Client, open the Settings panel by selecting “Steam > Settings” from the top left client menu.
In the Settings panel, select the Downloads tab and you'll find the “Clear Download Cache” button at the bottom.
Then select “OK” to confirm and acknowledge that you'll need to login to Steam again.

then this only after above,

quote:

Verify Integrity of Game Files
Restart your computer and launch Steam.
From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

then re test and see if it then works for you, good luck

DannyJim_slith -> RE: Belgian Game Steam CTD (10/31/2019 7:48:00 PM)

OK - Will give it a go.

France seems to work fine.

Jace11 -> RE: Belgian Game Steam CTD (10/31/2019 8:09:12 PM)

Just replicated this CTD with the matrix version with the same error message.

Note: ww_1lmg_moving.png The name of this file means it is a west winter uniform LMG team with ONLY 1 man. As the standard size for LMG teams is two, to replicate it you need to take 1 casualty in that unit, then the CTD occurs (you probably have to move them too - I think mine was running when my game crashed). It appears that the image is genuinely missing. This CTD should therefore only occur on winter maps using certain western forces with LMG teams and only if they are reduced to 1 man. As a further note the equivalent files for summer and desert uniforms are present (dg_1lmg_moving.png wd_1lmg_moving.png). It is possible that the graphic was missing before this patch but the bug never picked up, but can't confirm without rolling back.

If you're desperate to avoid the CTD you can try putting this .png file into the folder Armored Brigade\data\graphics\infantry\west\
It's a sprite I made from the 2man team, removing the extra guy and resizing to a 4,4 array at 384x384 (as requested by the resources_custom.xml - which has an entry for the missing sprite btw). In theory this file should prevent the CTD and is what the missing sprite should look like, need to confirm though.

zakblood -> RE: Belgian Game Steam CTD (10/31/2019 8:13:10 PM)

ok thanks, once the steps are in place to replicate the error, then it's easier to upload and patch a fix, will pass it along to support / developer, thanks everyone and sorry for the issue

Veitikka -> RE: Belgian Game Steam CTD (10/31/2019 9:05:14 PM)

Here's the file that should be in the data\graphics\infantry\west\ folder. Unzip the archive there. We will include the fix in a patch as soon as possible.

DannyJim_slith -> RE: Belgian Game Steam CTD (11/1/2019 6:59:13 AM)

Thank you All

Not being as gifted as Jace I couldn’t get it to repeat.

Really enjoying the DLC. Map and forces change the play hugely for me.

zakblood -> RE: Belgian Game Steam CTD (11/1/2019 7:12:39 AM)

well i copied the above file, and it didn't say it was over written, so yes must have been missing so good find and thanks for the report, minor errors do happen but easy also to fix

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI