In my humble opinion........... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First

LATigers -> In my humble opinion........... (11/13/2019 11:59:22 AM)

this game needs a Blue Diamond version (1st Marine Division)........Guadalcanal, Cape Gloucester, Peleliu and Okinawa

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (11/13/2019 2:57:00 PM)

We have discussed this a number of times as a setting, but we were generally unsure that it would provide interesting tactical choices for the player.

Cheers

Pip

CGGrognard -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (11/13/2019 9:01:58 PM)

I hope you do consider the OPs suggestion, for the CC series has never addressed the Pacific theatre other than through Mods.

GrdAdmiral -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (11/13/2019 9:17:59 PM)

I second this. I’d love to see a Pacific version of Close Combat.

STIENER -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (11/14/2019 7:21:07 PM)

would like to see a new Russian front CC with a non linear strat map.

RFalvo69 -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (11/14/2019 7:42:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrdAdmiral

Titled "Closest Combat" of course [;)]

Saturnian -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (11/15/2019 5:48:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

quote:

yeah, once they really get the CLOSE part of Close Combat down, the pacific battles will be pretty awesome.

They really do need to perfect soldier animations, indoor/outdoor, floor-to-floor fighting, though.

For example, they need to be able to animate things like crawling in and out of windows versus doorways, crawling through ditches, pistol fighting, bayoneting. Thinking about what is around the corner rather than reacting only to what they see. All these small details would become a real problem if you are fighting inch by inch. It isn't a big deal now to see a soldier half sticking out of a wall, or staying behind a rock when he could get the perfect kill if he just shifted a few feet. It's forgivable. But that won't be any fun if the whole battle consists of things like that.

It would be pretty epic to fight at the battalion level with the 3d views of volcanic mountains, filled with trenches. maybe 3d rendered ships visible bombarding in the background... but that's some time down the line i suppose.

aaaaburn -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (11/16/2019 2:26:07 PM)

The young bucks might not know this but 15+ years ago, people loved CC so much they made awesome mods. I still have the mods on CD-R, which included: Omaha mod, Okinawa mod, Winter war mod, Meuse mod, and GJS (Gold, Juno, Sword).

The Pacific fighting was great because the islands never allowed long distance shooting because there was rare long range LOS.

MrMyke -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (11/16/2019 6:52:55 PM)

Specific units aside, many Pacific engagements would provide plenty of topographic, tactical, and strategic options. New Guinea certainly, Okinawa, even Guadalcanal would work well. Then, who says the what-if of a mainland Japan invasion is off limits?? In fact, even smaller island battles made some good mods to CC2 I enjoyed...I remember a fun one on Tarawa well. Please consider!!

STIENER -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (11/17/2019 12:03:49 AM)

my 2 cents....im not a fan of pacific mods or a Pacific CC. I like to have vehicles and tanks in my CC battles. combined arms etc. there would be very few if any vehicles or tanks in a pacific CC I would think. that's why id like to see a Russian front CC with a non linear strat map. lots of good Russian front battles and Campaigns.

CSO_Talorgan -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (10/4/2020 9:56:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: STIENER

would like to see a new Russian front CC with a non linear strat map.

+1

There were plans to develope MMCC III but they were never completed.

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

quote:

Ha! Ha!

Very good

z1812 -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (10/5/2020 9:48:38 PM)

I have always thought early World War 2 or the Spanish Civil War would be interesting.

SchnelleMeyer -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (10/6/2020 2:20:38 PM)

Make any conflict or battle, but make sure to do it on the 2D Close Combat engine.

Jeffery Nevins -> RE: In my humble opinion........... (10/15/2020 1:00:21 PM)

Cold war would be nice. Pacific won't have tank battles, I'm assuming[&o]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI