Breakdowns/reform (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> The War Room

Jagdtiger14 -> Breakdowns/reform (11/15/2019 7:51:50 AM)

Not sure if this is a rule question or a tech problem: The US player has two divisions it would like to reform after having them broken down previously. The units are not in a ZOC, and the original corp they broke down from is available. The divisions were transported to a new location. MWiF will not allow them to be reformed. And yes, they are stacked together.

Orm -> RE: Breakdowns/reform (11/15/2019 8:11:04 AM)

This would be easier to answer if one know the strength, and type, of the three units involved. But, yes, this can happen according to the rules. I will give two examples below.

1) The two divisions are not allowed to create the corps broken down if they are the wrong type. For example. One INF may be broken down into two INF Divisions. But to reform the corps you must have one INF Div and one MOT Div. If you had broken down the INF into one INF Div, and one MOT Div they could have reformed back. It is easy to break into two INF Divisions so that they can be transported by SCS but then you have the trouble with reforming...

2) The added strength of the divisions are to high for the broken down corps. Example: A 5 strength corps breaks down into one 2 strength INF Div and one 1 strength MOT Div. But when reforming the added strength of the divisions are 3, and doubled that makes 6 so then they must be reformed into a 6 strength corps. The 5 strength corps is to weak.

Edit: The 5 strength corps is rounded to 6 when breaking down making that breakdown legal. No such rounding when reforming.

Jagdtiger14 -> RE: Breakdowns/reform (11/22/2019 3:22:35 AM)

Thank you Orm!

Jagdtiger14 -> RE: Breakdowns/reform (11/22/2019 4:37:26 AM)

Ok, on #2 I disagree. From RAW7 page 56:

Choose the corps or army randomly from the force pools. Keep picking until you find one that has combat factors less than twice those of the 2 divisions.

"...less than twice..."

We ended up figuring out why the MOT div's could not re-form (one was an ENG MOT).

Orm -> RE: Breakdowns/reform (11/22/2019 7:17:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

Ok, on #2 I disagree. From RAW7 page 56:

Choose the corps or army randomly from the force pools. Keep picking until you find one that has combat factors less than twice those of the 2 divisions.

"...less than twice..."

We ended up figuring out why the MOT div's could not re-form (one was an ENG MOT).

You are right. I had messed it up. It was to long ago since I bothered to reform divisions.. It is the other way around. It is the 6 strength Corps that can not be reformed. If it breaks down into a 2, and 1 strength division. These divisions, when reforming, can not be made back into the 6 strength corps for the rule you mentioned (the maximum strength allowed is 5).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI