[Resolved] Tutorial Mission Issue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Timothy0812 -> [Resolved] Tutorial Mission Issue (11/15/2019 10:58:50 AM)

Good Day

I'm new to the Command so busy working through the training missions for the aircraft and I noticed something odd which I'm doing wrong or its a bug. On mission Strike Tutorial 2 Driving in the Daisies the first mission in it you task tornadoes to search for ground vehicles, now according to the Training popups messages when they reach the mission area they should drop to 200 AGL but they stey up at FL360 and no one can really spot something that high up on the ground so basically the achieve nothing. I know you can edit the alt in the mission editor but the game told me they should drop alt so now I'm not sure if I'm missing something. Their Loadouts are hi-lo-hi but I don't change anything I just do what the game tells me to I've tried this 3 times now and no joy.

Gunner98 -> RE: Tutorial Mission Issue (11/15/2019 4:23:05 PM)

Have you tried to adjust your altitude with the F2 menue?

Timothy0812 -> RE: Tutorial Mission Issue (11/15/2019 9:07:38 PM)

Gunner98 I have not although according to the tutorial they should drop to 200 FT AGL

quote:

Mission 1 Update

Now what should happen is that 2x Tornado should take off in a group with radars on. They will proceed to the mission area at high altitude and search for targets. If they find them they will automatically strike them within the definition of their WRA (Weapon Release Authority). Once in the patrol area, they will drop to low altitude in accordance with their loadout profile (Hi-lo-Hi) and look for the targets.

You will note that their altitude in the search is around 1980ft. If you mouse over the area and check the data-block the ground altitude is around 1780ft. Checking in the Group status block you see the altitude is around 1980ft ASL (Above Sea Level) and 200 Ft AGL (Above Ground Level). It's important to remember these two reference altitudes when planning missions.

ultradave -> RE: Tutorial Mission Issue (11/15/2019 9:12:26 PM)

I agree. I"ve not been able to get them to change altitude from 36000ft. Other strike tutorials seem to work ok. (I checked 2 others)

Dimitris -> RE: Tutorial Mission Issue (11/16/2019 3:51:37 PM)

Hi guys,

This si similar to a few other reports we've had about waypoint altitudes. We've looked at it and it's a very complex issue. We are throwing eyes and hands at this as fast as we can. Thanks!

ultradave -> RE: Tutorial Mission Issue (11/16/2019 4:19:21 PM)

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

Timothy0812 -> RE: Tutorial Mission Issue (11/16/2019 5:40:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

Hi guys,

This si similar to a few other reports we've had about waypoint altitudes. We've looked at it and it's a very complex issue. We are throwing eyes and hands at this as fast as we can. Thanks!

Thank you :) I am enjoying your product a lot thank you

sufa101loofa -> RE: Tutorial Mission Issue (1/5/2020 2:51:15 PM)

I am also having the same issue. Is there any update on this?

Dimitris -> RE: Tutorial Mission Issue (1/5/2020 5:54:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sufa101loofa
I am also having the same issue. Is there any update on this?

Are you using Build 1115.8.1 or the latest public beta?

Rory Noonan -> RE: Tutorial Mission Issue (1/6/2020 9:11:56 AM)

Hey guys I've tested this out and it's working as expected in the current public beta 1112.3

You can download it here

ultradave -> RE: Tutorial Mission Issue (1/6/2020 8:41:55 PM)

Correct. It works correctly now with latest release. I think that was already confirmed in another post similar to this one. I think there were several related posts that were related to missions and altitude following. I lost track.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI