CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Dimitris -> CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (11/15/2019 1:28:17 PM)

If you have 64-bit Windows 7, please download and install this: https://download.microsoft.com/download/E/7/6/E76850B8-DA6E-4FF5-8CCE-A24FC513FD16/Windows6.1-KB2506143-x64.msu

If you have 32-bit Windows 7, please download and install this: https://download.microsoft.com/download/E/7/6/E76850B8-DA6E-4FF5-8CCE-A24FC513FD16/Windows6.1-KB2506143-x86.msu

If it asks you to reboot after installation, please do so.

Then give it a try.

We will absorb this into the installer, but first we want to get this fixed on problematic installations ASAP.

paulrsxk -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (11/15/2019 7:43:54 PM)

Thanks! This worked for me, first time [&o]

spock2019 -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (12/15/2019 9:40:41 AM)

Thanks! but win10 can't install it, why?

Dimitris -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (12/15/2019 10:07:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spock2019
Thanks! but win10 can't install it, why?

This fix is specifically for Windows 7. If you are having a problem with Windows 10 please open a new thread at the Tech Support forum. Thanks!

migman -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (12/18/2019 11:32:29 PM)

cant run the update
says some updates were not installed

VPaulus -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (12/19/2019 10:37:18 AM)

Can you please attach a screenshot showing the error message?

migman -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (12/19/2019 5:45:20 PM)

hope you got the screenshot

[image]local://upfiles/69318/FDABCCA7A00947B8B21FACFA8E0BEEE4.jpg[/image]

slimatwar -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/5/2020 11:53:17 AM)

Any progress on that issue?I can't install this update on my win7 64 machine so I can't use tacview.

Dimitris -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/6/2020 1:06:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: slimatwar
Any progress on that issue?I can't install this update on my win7 64 machine so I can't use tacview.

Hi, why can you not install this update?

slimatwar -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/7/2020 12:32:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

When I try to install it, the windows update searches my system for updates and after a few seconds I get the message that the update is not applicable to my computer.
I want to mention that I apply the updates manually because I have no internet access on that system.Nevertheless, I don't think I've missed any critical updates.

Dimitris -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/7/2020 2:15:50 PM)

quote:

quote:

When I try to install it, the windows update searches my system for updates and after a few seconds I get the message that the update is not applicable to my computer.
I want to mention that I apply the updates manually because I have no internet access on that system.Nevertheless, I don't think I've missed any critical updates.

I am sorry, but in this case I don't see how we can help you. We can compensate for many handicaps, but "OS not updated" is not one of them.

You need to somehow get Powershell 3.0 installed on your Windows environment.

slimatwar -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/7/2020 9:35:06 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am sorry, but in this case I don't see how we can help you. We can compensate for many handicaps, but "OS not updated" is not one of them.

You need to somehow get Powershell 3.0 installed on your Windows environment.

Dimitris, thank you for the quick reply.I had already installed WMF 5.1.That's the reason I couldn't install version 3.0.But it seems that the problem isn't there.I get the message "Invalid Tacview exe" when I click "3DVIEW".Probably this happens because I've the trial version and haven't bought the advanced one yet.I thought the trial version would work for 21 days but maybe I'm wrong.

Dimitris -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/8/2020 6:50:47 AM)

That sounds like a dodgy copy of Tacview.

Can you post your copy of Tacview (the exe only) here?

slimatwar -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/8/2020 4:30:38 PM)

quote:

That sounds like a dodgy copy of Tacview.

Can you post your copy of Tacview (the exe only) here?

What do you mean by "dodgy"?I've downloaded it from the official site,no steam.
I tried uploading the .exe but I get error message waiting for the confirmation.Maybe the reason is the size of the .zip file(11.7 MB)?

Wampir -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/18/2020 5:07:58 PM)

I have the same problem. I have reinstalled the game several times, but every time the situation repeats. Matrix version, files downloaded from the official website.
I have attached the tacviev file for review.
Regards
Norbert

Dimitris -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/18/2020 5:10:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wampir
I have the same problem. I have reinstalled the game several times, but every time the situation repeats. Matrix version, files downloaded from the official website.
I have attached the tacviev file for review.
Regards
Norbert

Hi,

When you say "the same problem", what EXACTLY do you mean? Not being pedantic, but several different issues are being dogpiled in this thread already.

Wampir -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/18/2020 7:23:28 PM)

I apologize for the too laconic post. It's about a situation when I try to run while playing Tacview. I get the message "Invalid Tacview exe" when I click "3DVIEW".
Norbert

slimatwar -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/29/2020 8:15:17 PM)

quote:

I apologize for the too laconic post. It's about a situation when I try to run while playing Tacview. I get the message "Invalid Tacview exe" when I click "3DVIEW".
Norbert

Any solution to this issue?

Dimitris -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/29/2020 8:33:37 PM)

Have you tried with the v1.01 update? We tweaked the file check so it should no longer throw this error in Win7 if you use the valid Tacview.exe file.

slimatwar -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (1/30/2020 8:23:07 PM)

quote:

Have you tried with the v1.01 update? We tweaked the file check so it should no longer throw this error in Win7 if you use the valid Tacview.exe file.

The error still persists.I don't have a clear picture as what is the reason because the trial period expired before the update.I've also noticed that when I run TACVIEW (separately) it says "tacview starter".

Dimitris -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (2/17/2020 5:35:23 PM)

Hi,

When the next Tacview update is released, can you try this again with the current build?

(Tacview updates reset the trial clock)

slimatwar -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (2/18/2020 5:28:23 PM)

quote:

Hi,

When the next Tacview update is released, can you try this again with the current build?

(Tacview updates reset the trial clock)

Do you mean the next version of 1.8.2.(current)?
Thank you Dimitris.

Dimitris -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (2/18/2020 5:29:35 PM)

Yes, correct.

slimatwar -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (5/4/2020 4:51:08 PM)

I've tried version 1.8.3. and the problem persists.

Dimitris -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (5/6/2020 7:58:16 AM)

quote:

Norbert

Looking at your Command.ini file, I see that the TacviewExePath value points to the CommandTacviewManager.exe . This is wrong. The TacviewExePath value should point to the Tacview executable (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\Tacview.exe). I think this is the cause of your problem.

Dimitris -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (5/6/2020 8:02:35 AM)

quote:

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible. If the setting in your Command.ini file is the same as vampir's then you have the same root problem. Otherwise please give more informartion.

CmdrVodka -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (5/6/2020 2:19:21 PM)

Hi

I have Build 1.01 build 11431 update on Win 7

I've installed the trial 21day tacview to see if I wish to purchase but it won't run?

The version is Tacview183

Firstly, does the trial (21day) version work in CMO? or do I need to purchase a full version for it to run in CMO

my game operations /tacview path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\Tacview64.exe

slimatwar -> RE: CMO-Tacview link not working in Win7 - READ HERE (5/6/2020 4:27:14 PM)

quote:

quote:

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible. If the setting in your Command.ini file is the same as vampir's then you have the same root problem. Otherwise please give more informartion.

The problem is that i get the message for invalid tacview.exe when i try to open the 3D view.
The path is right , C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\Tacview64.exe

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI