Med tanks vs. Mechanized units? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

superman81906 -> Med tanks vs. Mechanized units? (11/21/2019 10:41:58 AM)

After looking at the stats of the two units, it seems like the mechanized unit is not a very good deal as compared to regular tanks. At the same cost the mech unit is weaker in every category, with the exception of attacks on ships in harbor. What am I missing?

4100xpb -> RE: Med tanks vs. Mechanized units? (11/21/2019 3:53:14 PM)

Not having the stats in front of me, one benefit of Mechanized infantry is you can buy them once you've maxed out your tank units [;)]

The Land -> RE: Med tanks vs. Mechanized units? (11/22/2019 1:29:44 PM)

The manual says Mechanized are cheaper than Tank - 200 vs 250MPPs. Of course tanks have 5 levels of upgrade while Mechanized have only 2, so heavily upgraded tanks are even more expensive!

The other difference is that, if I recall correctly, mechanized take the infantry terrain bonuse/penalties so are more effective in cities and other difficult terrain, and because they are Hard units rather than Tank type units, they are less vulnerable to enemy anti-tank units. A good reason why your tank armies should be assisted by some mechanised units!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI