Community Scenario Pack (Official) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Daniele -> Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/21/2019 12:14:00 PM)

Kushan Gaming has recently volunteered to curate the community scenario pack for Command: Modern Operations.

This release will work for both CMO and CMANO. More information to this page

You can download the pack from here: DOWNLOAD

For Steam users, a Steam Collection for the entire pack has been set up - Community Scenario Pack (Official).

Kudos to Kushan Gaming for this excellent job!

23 scenarios have been added so far:

- Operation Eagle Guardian, 2019
- Operación Gomorra, 2010
- SandBox Nations #1
- Plum Blossoms Do Not Fall Lightly, 2025
- Mediterranean Fury 1 - The Road to Byzantium
- Mediterranean Fury 2 – Syrian Surprise
- Mediterranean Fury 5 - Serbia Right!
- Black Sea, 2019
- Battles of the 3rd WW, Tattletale, 1991
- The V-Bombers
- The Battle of Palmdale, 1956
- Iwo Jima Goes to Mozambique, 2024
- Operation Scarlet Lance, 1966
- The Hustlers
- Hat Yai Air Raid, 2019
- The Great Arctic War - Arctic Cod Conflict, 2030
- The Battle of Chiapas, 2020
- WW3 D-Day Part 1
- The Penang Affair, 1955
- Close down Mukran, 1985
- South of Crete, 1985
- For The Honour Of The Republic, 1991
- Incirlik, 2021

Randomizer -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/21/2019 4:05:08 PM)

Steam users get to take advantage of the Community Scenario Pack but us non-Steam users have no access to those scenarios that are unique to the Steam Workshop. Is there any plans to provide these scenarios to the non-Steam community?

-C

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/21/2019 5:08:48 PM)

The CSP has no scenarios that are Steam only. Since submittals to the CSP are through the forum post I don't expect that to change. If it does become an issue I'll just have to see if I can work something out with the scenario designer. I really don't want to have the two versions be different.

tevans -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/21/2019 7:09:22 PM)

I'm a bit confused. I already have Community Scenario Pack #40 for CMANO and it has way more than 23 scenarios in it. What's the difference between that pack and this 'official' pack. Another thread in these forums says that all I have to do is copy scenarios over from CMANO to CMO. If that's true then why would I need this pack. Why couldn't I just use what I already have? Are these 23 scenarios in addition to the scenarios in Pack #40? Or is it just that these 23 scenarios are guaranteed to work in CMO but not CMANO?

Eggstor -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/21/2019 7:27:26 PM)

In order:

- This is the 'official' pack, with #41 the latest.
- You can copy over an existing community folder with Pack #40 from CMANO, but you wouldn't get the 23 new ones (or any updated versions of the old ones).
- As mentioned above, these are 23 new-to-the-pack scenarios.
- These 23 new scenarios will work in both CMANO and CMO as they were built in CMANO.

coh7res -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/21/2019 11:55:38 PM)

I was getting ready to update my existing Community Scenarios folder manually and figure out which of the newer scenarios were missing, but then I thought that maybe it would pay off to wait a little bit. Nice to see being patient paid off for a change. Thank-you Kushan Gaming!

CHiP

tevans -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/22/2019 2:56:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eggstor

In order:

- This is the 'official' pack, with #41 the latest.
- You can copy over an existing community folder with Pack #40 from CMANO, but you wouldn't get the 23 new ones (or any updated versions of the old ones).
- As mentioned above, these are 23 new-to-the-pack scenarios.
- These 23 new scenarios will work in both CMANO and CMO as they were built in CMANO.

That's what I'm asking. Is the new 'official' #41 just these 23 new scenarios added to what was in #40? Or does #41 just start with these 23 scenarios and that's it? That part is confusing. The other confusing thing is calling this the 'official' scenario pack. What makes it official? Are these 23 specific scenarios endorsed by the developers? Why not just keep calling it the Community Scenario Pack? The biggest confusion of all comes with Scenario Pack #41 and future scenario packs. Will all future scenarios included in Community Packs work with CMO and CMANO? Not everyone who owns CMANO is going to end up buying CMO. Does support end for those players to force them into buying CMO?

Rory Noonan -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/22/2019 5:52:54 AM)

Actually downloading and looking at the pack will show you that it is #41, the 23 files are additional to the ones present in #40, they are all compatible with CMANO, and this is not some 4D chess move by the illuminati to force you onto C:MO.

michaelm75au -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/22/2019 6:14:53 AM)

Does the Steam Workshop items contain the INI and any other associated files for the item that is included in the CP zip?

Grazyn -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/22/2019 7:39:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au

Does the Steam Workshop items contain the INI and any other associated files for the item that is included in the CP zip?

No. Like all other workshop items, scenario files are not located in the game folder but in Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\1076160, each in its own numbered folder, which contains the .scen file only. I don't know if the .ini is still required in CMO, but the compressed pack from the link in OP does have them.

Another thing, workshop items have their own special tab in game which isn't sortable, so I find it more convenient to download the pack from the google drive link and install it manually.

tevans -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/22/2019 11:45:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85

Actually downloading and looking at the pack will show you that it is #41, the 23 files are additional to the ones present in #40, they are all compatible with CMANO, and this is not some 4D chess move by the illuminati to force you onto C:MO.

The message regarding those 23 scenarios say that's what there is so far. It doesn't say anything about scenarios from #40. Being that this is a new game one might get the impression that the 23 scenarios are all there is. You're missing my point too. #41 works for both games. That's what happens now. What about the future? Will scenarios created in CMO be backward compatible to also work in CMANO? If not then at some point that sort of forces people to buy CMO or get creative with the CMANO editor. Again I ask what makes this pack (#41) 'official' compared to #40 which was just the Community scenario pack. Are scenarios now being screened and endorsed by developers? Or is it just a play on words?

Ginetto -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/22/2019 12:22:24 PM)

I tried for hours without success to install these new scenarios. How is it done? You download and get a zipped file. Then what. I tried unzipping with 7-zip in the scenario folder, after creating an ad hoc community scenarios folder, but it won't extract, even with administrator privileges.
Can anyone who succeed give me, please, some pointers?

Rory Noonan -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (11/22/2019 12:34:26 PM)

Okay. I read your post above and wasn't sure what was going on, because it seemed like you were worried something untoward was happening and that didn't match up with my expectations of this thread. The way I settled my confusion was by downloading the file and looking at it. It literally took me less time to download the file and examine it than it did to write that reply to you. In that time the questions you asked were answered.

Scenarios built in C:MO are not compatible with C:MANO, let that be clear. This does not however mean that Community Scenario Pack scenarios that were built in C:MANO will be taken away from you, it does mean that scenario designers who exclusively use the C:MO platform will generate content that the C:MANO platform cannot access. This is practically identical to when CoW came out, a lot of people (myself included--and I was quite vocal about it at the time) were worried it would split the community between 'haves' and 'have nots'. It didn't work that way because WS and Matrix were careful with licensing to make sure that DLCs gave appropriate CoW rights, and community makers--players just like you--were aware that there were people who didn't own CoW who would like to play their scenarios too.

Yes, as time goes on more and more scenarios will be made in C:MO and as that happens less and less new content will be available to C:MANO only users. This is a timeline of years though, and since C:MANO is not being yanked off anyone's HDD it does make sense for serious scenario designers to develop the bones of their scenario in C:MANO and then take that file and make an extended version for C:MO. Much as I did for the 41 remastered scenarios that take standalones from C:MANO and add new features for C:MO.

No-one is taking anything from you, you are getting free maintenance on an aggregate of free content. If that means adding in the word 'official' because we now have a designated person looking after it, I don't really see the reason for alarm.

gbaby -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (12/12/2019 7:08:15 PM)

Never MIND, I found them in the "standalone" section. Duh!

<Deleted>

TheCabal -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (1/21/2020 8:57:55 PM)

Hello folks,

so I used the scenario editor on one of the scenarios "Tanker Wars 2017" to change the loadout of 2 of the 4 LCS's which was usually designed this way and uploaded it here:

My thread with the uploaded scenario-file

An *.ini file was mentioned but I don't know what it is for. Isn't the fixed scenario file enough?

Greetings,
Cabal

magi -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (1/21/2020 10:17:04 PM)

what a wonderful guy.....

BDukes -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (1/21/2020 10:32:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheCabal

Hello folks,

so I used the scenario editor on one of the scenarios "Tanker Wars 2017" to change the loadout of 2 of the 4 LCS's which was usually designed this way and uploaded it here:

My thread with the uploaded scenario-file

An *.ini file was mentioned but I don't know what it is for. Isn't the fixed scenario file enough?

Greetings,
Cabal

You need to fix .ini file so that changes are added when scenario is rebuild. Take a look at manual on section on this. Fix .ini file and then send Kushan file so he can add to files. He'll need this to rebuild correct next time.It likely old ini that cause issue. This is normal file maintain stuff.

Bill

michaelm75au -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (1/22/2020 3:02:57 AM)

To make a Steam workshop item complete, you actually need the SCEN file, any associated INI, and any attachments like imports, sound, images, etc.

In the old ZIP file, you can have all of this.

With CMO, each scenario is treated as a distinct file (SCEN) and the additional files are not uploaded.

There is a request to expand this to allow the files associated with a scenario to be uploaded, so they can be subscribed to as a set.

Dimitris -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/23/2020 4:39:09 PM)

Kushan has released the updated version of the Command community scenario pack. In addition to updated and refreshed versions of existing works, the new release includes twelve new scenarios: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=5057

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/23/2020 5:50:17 PM)

To forestall the inevitable question. No the Steam collection has not been updated. Yes I will be updating it over the next couple weeks.

BrianinMinnie -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/23/2020 7:17:24 PM)

Kushan

1. Does that mean at some point the "Steam Collection" will be added to the warfaresims download in whole or will there be a separate download pack to be found in the download section at warfaresims?
2. Is there a separate place outside of Steam, that one can go to get and download current Steam Scenarios?

Thank u Sir.

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/23/2020 7:37:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrianinMinnie

Kushan

1. Does that mean at some point the "Steam Collection" will be added to the warfaresims download in whole or will there be a separate download pack to be found in the download section at warfaresims?
2. Is there a separate place outside of Steam, that one can go to get and download current Steam Scenarios?

Thank u Sir.

1) Adding the Steam collection link to the WS website is entirely up to them, I have no control over that.

2) The current version of the CSP can always be found HERE on the WS website. It is not connected to Steam in anyway. Simply unzip and place in your "Scenarios" folder in your game installation location.

Hope that helps.

Kushan

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/23/2020 7:50:11 PM)

One other thing that should be noted, due to CMANO no longer receiving database updates this release and future releases will only work with CMO.

mikkey -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/23/2020 8:31:24 PM)

Thanks for CSP update!

Reg -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/24/2020 8:44:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kushan04

One other thing that should be noted, due to CMANO no longer receiving database updates this release and future releases will only work with CMO.

Putting a note to that effect on the download site could save some confusion... [;)]

goldfinger35 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/24/2020 5:06:31 PM)

After downloading the latest version (and deleting old scenarios) in side selection and briefing menu, text for briefing is missing for many scenarios:
Good Morning Malvinas, 1982
Memphis Goes North, 1981
Offensive CAP Belarus, 2015
etc.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/YfK64jd/Untitled.jpg[/img]

thewood1 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/24/2020 6:27:38 PM)

I checked all three of those and then some extras. Side briefing is in all of them.

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/24/2020 6:57:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: goldfinger35

After downloading the latest version (and deleting old scenarios) in side selection and briefing menu, text for briefing is missing for many scenarios:
Good Morning Malvinas, 1982
Memphis Goes North, 1981
Offensive CAP Belarus, 2015
etc.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/YfK64jd/Untitled.jpg[/img]

Thanks for pointing this out. I just downloaded and installed it on my Surface and seemed to have the same issue. Nothing I did should have caused that to happen. Unfortunately its going to be a few days before I can look at it. We just got told our office is shutting down and we are shifting to working from home and I need to prep a workspace at home for that tonight.

BeirutDude -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/24/2020 7:17:56 PM)

Stay healthy and stay safe!

I have noted the same on some I have designed. Black Sea, 2019 for example.

thewood1 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (Official) (3/24/2020 8:12:32 PM)

I am pretty sure I deleted all the scenarios and them loaded them in. I'll try it again and see if it works then.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI