[Logged] Game speed and pause/unpause keys often lose focus (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

sekullbe -> [Logged] Game speed and pause/unpause keys often lose focus (11/26/2019 1:42:14 AM)

I've noticed that very often popup menus or the right-side status/orders bar are stealing the space, enter, and +/- keys. This usually results in me making some change, waiting a bit, and flailing away on the space bar while something I wanted to pause and deal with goes whizzing by. I see how the game is using the default Windows key commands in some places which steals focus from the map, but is it possible to set up a pause or real-time button that's guaranteed to work in all circumstances?

marksdoran -> RE: Game speed and pause/unpause keys often lose focus (11/26/2019 2:26:12 AM)

I've developed the habit of always left clicking on the main map window after doing more or less anything with another window -- for precisely the reason stated above. I agree it's a bit of a nuisance to have to worry about actively managing focus though.

sekullbe -> RE: Game speed and pause/unpause keys often lose focus (11/26/2019 12:15:57 PM)

That's what I do as well now. I've also seen some kind of focus issue with popup event messages- I have to click close several times to get it to register. I suppose the OS is treating the window as a totally separate element so I have to click once to focus it, with the click not making it through to the button, then again to make the button register the click.

UI is a tricky beast- it feels almost whiny to say "I had to click twice" but something that takes away flow can be really annoying in practice :)

marksdoran -> RE: Game speed and pause/unpause keys often lose focus (11/26/2019 4:21:06 PM)

Focus should be totally controllable from the code, at least as long as it is not moved to a window that's part of a different application. But this is one of the reasons why writing UI code is one of my least favorite things: it's a lot of work to get it just to look right and do what you want it to do. Then on top of that you have all the user experience concerns (like how to manage focus so it's not annoying ;)). UI code to me always feels like a giant bug generator [sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif]

Rory Noonan -> RE: Game speed and pause/unpause keys often lose focus (11/28/2019 3:38:01 AM)

Updated existing ticket

JamesHunt -> RE: Game speed and pause/unpause keys often lose focus (11/29/2019 9:40:20 AM)

It would be great to have the pause/time hotkeys work globally. Together with the seperate message log stealing the focus issue, the hotkeys at times can become basically unusable.

Would also be great to be able to use them when the TacView (fullscreen) window is active.

michaelm75au -> RE: Game speed and pause/unpause keys often lose focus (1/16/2020 10:21:44 AM)

Are the hotkeys working better now under beta 1121.5?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI