[WAD] AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

serfCharlemagne -> [WAD] AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (11/26/2019 8:13:06 PM)

I'm playing the Electronic Warfare flight tutorial, where I set up an AAW patrol to intercept the Syrian planes (one section each of F-15s and F-16s on station). I set up a patrol area and prosecution area, and the fighters duly fly over to the patrol area, but ignore enemy planes that fly into the prosecution area to the point that they just fly around until they get shot down. My patriot battery, on the other hand, is doing a great job of shooting everybody down (and seemingly ignoring his EMCON settings in the process). Is there some critical box I'm forgetting to check/uncheck in the mission editor? Any help is much appreciated, TIA

mavfin -> RE: AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (11/26/2019 8:27:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: serfCharlemagne

I'm playing the Electronic Warfare flight tutorial, where I set up an AAW patrol to intercept the Syrian planes (one section each of F-15s and F-16s on station). I set up a patrol area and prosecution area, and the fighters duly fly over to the patrol area, but ignore enemy planes that fly into the prosecution area to the point that they just fly around until they get shot down. My patriot battery, on the other hand, is doing a great job of shooting everybody down (and seemingly ignoring his EMCON settings in the process). Is there some critical box I'm forgetting to check/uncheck in the mission editor? Any help is much appreciated, TIA

What version of Command are you running? (Look under Help-->About or at the bottom of the menu screen. *Don't* look at the launcher.)

We had some of this behavior with the original release and the 1115.6 release as well.

Otherwise, someone will have to look at the attachment. I'm still at work for the moment, myself.

serfCharlemagne -> RE: AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (11/26/2019 8:56:34 PM)

Hi mavfin, thanks for the response. I'm running 1115.7 right now.

Also, it's worth noting that since posting originally I tried deleting the prosecution area and just setting the whole area as the patrol area, and then all the flights immediately engaged. After that I reset the mission to the original patrol/prosecution setup, and the planes went back to ignoring hostiles in the prosecution area.

mavfin -> RE: AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (11/26/2019 9:14:59 PM)

quote:

Hi mavfin, thanks for the response. I'm running 1115.7 right now.

Also, it's worth noting that since posting originally I tried deleting the prosecution area and just setting the whole area as the patrol area, and then all the flights immediately engaged. After that I reset the mission to the original patrol/prosecution setup, and the planes went back to ignoring hostiles in the prosecution area.

I remember there was still some auto-engage issues with .7, which was why there was a beta .7.1 build a few days ago.

You should grab the .8.1 release from the main forums, and update to that. That will most likely take care of it.
That's going to be the next release anyway.
You may want to get the .8 first, and its extra files, copy them in, then get the .8.1 command.exe and add it.

serfCharlemagne -> RE: AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (11/26/2019 9:27:55 PM)

I see, thanks for the advice. Glad it seems to be a game issue and not my incompetence [:D]

mavfin -> RE: AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (11/26/2019 9:52:35 PM)

quote:

I see, thanks for the advice. Glad it seems to be a game issue and not my incompetence [:D]

I just got home. Got yours and another to load under .8.1 and see what they do.

mavfin -> RE: AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (11/26/2019 10:32:42 PM)

quote:

Well, looks like you have the AAW Patrol in EMCON, no radars. Won't fire AMRAAMs if you do that...

I turned the mission emcon to Active for Radars, and it cleaned up the MiGs, in the prosecution area, outside the patrol area.

Can't really duplicate your issue, other than the EMCON change. (I was running in 1115.8.1 version of CMO)

serfCharlemagne -> RE: AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (11/27/2019 2:18:37 AM)

Interesting, I tried switching on the radars to see if that would help (no luck), but I did it through the unit sensors tab, not the mission EMCON...

Anyways, I thought that only SARH missiles like the Sparrow had to have the launching aircraft's radar guide it, and that AMRAAMs were F&F and could guide themselves/use ground-based or AEW radars to guide them. Is that not true?

Also, even if they couldn't launch AMRAAMs they should have closed to engage and tried to use their IR missiles, shouldn't they?

guanotwozero -> RE: AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (11/27/2019 9:04:10 AM)

AMRAAM's aren't quite Fire & Forget - they have a large 'terminal' guidance of 15 miles, but need launcher guidance before that.

[Edit: The late models are 15nm, early ones 5nm.]

Approaching to use heaters will depend on the doctrine/loadout settings e.g. they may withdraw if out of primary weapons.

Check the Weapon States for Pre-Planned and RTB.

Rory Noonan -> RE: AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (11/28/2019 3:15:23 AM)

Logged for investigation

Rory Noonan -> RE: AAW Patrol Units Not Engaging (12/3/2019 4:47:47 AM)

Thanks for the save file!

The reason your aircraft on CAP aren't engaging is because 'Investigate unknown contacts outside patrol area' is unchecked.

Check that box and they engage the bogeys.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI