Ordering the Manual? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

JonBrave -> Ordering the Manual? (12/2/2019 8:38:56 PM)

Thinking of finally picking this up before sale ends. Do I need to spend an extra 75%-odd to get the "Boxed + digital" version? I could not care less about a box or a DVD, I know the manual comes in PDF. What is this "printed, color manual", is that what it comes with? I have a boxed copy of WiF from 30+ years ago, is the same a the manual which came with that?

Oh, and if I do, is it going to be dispatched OK to UK without some nonsense like customs/charges?

Oh, I just noticed https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4616922 thread, talking about $30 shipping for "boxed edition". Is this what we are talking about? The checkout is offering me the "boxed" for like $15, does this not include some large amount of shipping/delivery that I'll also have to pay?

AxelNL -> RE: Ordering the Manual? (12/2/2019 9:28:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JonBrave

Thinking of finally picking this up before sale ends. Do I need to spend an extra 75%-odd to get the "Boxed + digital" version? I could not care less about a box or a DVD, I know the manual comes in PDF. What is this "printed, color manual", is that what it comes with? I have a boxed copy of WiF from 30+ years ago, is the same a the manual which came with that?

Oh, and if I do, is it going to be dispatched OK to UK without some nonsense like customs/charges?

Oh, I just noticed https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4616922 thread, talking about $30 shipping for "boxed edition". Is this what we are talking about? The checkout is offering me the "boxed" for like $15, does this not include some large amount of shipping/delivery that I'll also have to pay?

Don't know about the extra costs - but I am happy I have the printed manuals. Reads much nicer

JonBrave -> RE: Ordering the Manual? (12/2/2019 10:00:57 PM)

I can't even tell what it does mean. It says "☐ Upgrade to Boxed + digital edition". Is that Digital Express? Is that Standard? Does it include a printed manual? Shipping? No indication :(

JonBrave -> RE: Ordering the Manual? (12/3/2019 3:44:17 PM)

Is it possible for someone from Matrix or who knows to answer what "Upgrade to Boxed + digital edition" means in terms of printed manual (and delivery/tax charges if relevant), preferably soon before the sale expires?

I'm sorry if it's obvious to others, but I cannot find the matching information.

Many thanks.

paulderynck -> RE: Ordering the Manual? (12/4/2019 2:58:06 AM)

I believe the boxed version would come with the printed manuals and the install CDs, whereas the digital would be download only. The download does include the manuals in PDF form.

For the boxed version shipping is likely extra but if you proceed along with the order process you should be given a price for shipping and if it is too steep, then you can bail out before completion.

JonBrave -> RE: Ordering the Manual? (12/4/2019 4:20:32 PM)

@paulderynck
Thank you! I did indeed have to go through the order process with the boxed to discover the shipping.

I don't mean to sound mean, but by the time the printed manual + shipment was more than the price I was paying for a game I may never load, I decided to manage with just the download & PDF!

paulderynck -> RE: Ordering the Manual? (12/4/2019 11:17:09 PM)

Doesn't sound mean to me, just pragmatic.

Tjalfe -> RE: Ordering the Manual? (12/6/2019 5:56:36 AM)

If you would like the printed manual later you can always upgrade to the boxed version with manuals at the matrixgames shop.

Cheers

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI