General commentary (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

Ruatha -> General commentary (12/14/2019 12:09:31 AM)

Have run two full games as Axis. A few comments:

1. The game is fun and engaging, and I have often ended up late to bed- a good sign.
2. The issue with ports providing infinite supply is game breaking, it makes it way too easy ton conquer the UK, and allows for infinite troops to get to North Africa in 1940, thus allowing either for early Turkish intervention if the UK is not attacked, or easy infiltration into the Caucusis if the UK is attacked. In both games I had defeated the USSR by early 1944.Egypt is too easy to take for the Axis with this issue, tho it does require some thought and a lot of troops and planes in North Africa.
3. The AI defends Moscow too aggressively even if there are other threats. In my second game I was able to pocket about 2/3 of the available Soviet forces around Moscow in 1942 with units coming up from the south and that was the end of that basically.
4. The Port supply thing badly affects the war in the Med as even if the Med is close, Allied naval units are forever in supply if there is a single isolated port somewhere in the Med. Subs will sit for a year at sea apparently in supply and killing convoys with no need to go back to port.
5. The convoy system to Axis allies is buggy and not very intuitive.

Hope these comments are viewed as constructive.

gwgardner -> RE: General commentary (12/14/2019 1:12:45 AM)

I'm not sure what you mean by ports offering infinite supply. Each port serves as a supply source, but also has a capacity from 1 to 9. Multiply that capacity by 20 to get the supply stockpile that that port can obtain each turn, unless interdicted.

Compare the supply stockpile of all the ports in a given area to the stockpile needed each turn in that area by military units. If there are too many units in the area for the given stockpile, then some or all of those units suffer effectiveness penalties.

Refer to the manual for the difference between land supply and unit supply, whether from a port or not.

Subs cannot sit for a year AT SEA and stay in supply (unless there's a bug). If they're not at sea, they are not hindering convoys or interdicting.

jzardos -> RE: General commentary (12/14/2019 2:04:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ruatha

Have run two full games as Axis. A few comments:

1. The game is fun and engaging, and I have often ended up late to bed- a good sign.
2. The issue with ports providing infinite supply is game breaking, it makes it way too easy ton conquer the UK, and allows for infinite troops to get to North Africa in 1940, thus allowing either for early Turkish intervention if the UK is not attacked, or easy infiltration into the Caucusis if the UK is attacked. In both games I had defeated the USSR by early 1944.Egypt is too easy to take for the Axis with this issue, tho it does require some thought and a lot of troops and planes in North Africa.
3. The AI defends Moscow too aggressively even if there are other threats. In my second game I was able to pocket about 2/3 of the available Soviet forces around Moscow in 1942 with units coming up from the south and that was the end of that basically.
4. The Port supply thing badly affects the war in the Med as even if the Med is close, Allied naval units are forever in supply if there is a single isolated port somewhere in the Med. Subs will sit for a year at sea apparently in supply and killing convoys with no need to go back to port.
5. The convoy system to Axis allies is buggy and not very intuitive.

Hope these comments are viewed as constructive.

Sorry I found your comments NOT to be constructive and also inaccurate. Maybe with the exception of the current u-boat war. You might want to play against a harder setting for AI? Or play a human opponent.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: General commentary (12/14/2019 2:07:07 AM)

There is an issue with closed med supply I must resolve.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI