Returning Vet Looking for a Game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted

Q-Ball -> Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/17/2019 5:30:19 PM)

I haven't played in over 5 years, but looking for a game! I am open to scenario and side; since I am rusty would probably prefer Allies vs. a more experienced player, but I can take Japan vs. a newer one. I would rate myself "Medium", I think I have a decent handle on the engine, but some of the detailed stuff eludes me, and I am sure I forgot some stuff.

-1 Day Turns
-I can do 7-10 turns a week, though not always every day; some better than others
-"Reasonable" House Rules, negotiable; back in the day I did prefer paying PPs to cross borders, limits on Dec 7th both sides, that's about it
-US Central Time zone, FWIW
-Pick a scenario; I prefer more historical, always liked Da Babes if I can find the files

Chickenboy -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/17/2019 6:09:47 PM)

Q-Ball,

I'd love to take up your offer, but for my self-imposed "one PBEM at a time" rule. [:(] Right now, my dance card is being punched by AcePylut.

May I suggest that you upgrade your game to the latest official patch (10.26a IIRC) from the Matrix DL site and pick up your game anew with dastardly Dan? Do you have any turns to rebuild from your previous game? Think on it?

You'd have a following on the AAR that you will post on the game too. I can assure you of that. [8D]

Q-Ball -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/17/2019 6:20:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Q-Ball,

I'd love to take up your offer, but for my self-imposed "one PBEM at a time" rule. [:(] Right now, my dance card is being punched by AcePylut.

May I suggest that you upgrade your game to the latest official patch (10.26a IIRC) from the Matrix DL site and pick up your game anew with dastardly Dan? Do you have any turns to rebuild from your previous game? Think on it?

You'd have a following on the AAR that you will post on the game too. I can assure you of that. [8D]

I'm on 1.26. I would be happy to pick that game up, but I don't have a save file. Maybe Dan does?

Chickenboy -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/17/2019 7:41:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Q-Ball,

I'm on 1.26. I would be happy to pick that game up, but I don't have a save file. Maybe Dan does?

Old email attachments? I know I have some that Gmail has stored in the ether from time immemorial.

Encircled -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/18/2019 7:33:56 AM)

Crikey, some proper "blasts from the past" making appearances these days!

Is this one of the signs of the apocalypse?!?

John 3rd -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/19/2019 2:22:47 PM)

Are you implying that Q-Ball is one of the four horsemen???

Q-Ball -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/19/2019 3:13:46 PM)

Four Horseman? I could be something like a Nazgul, dead but not dead.

It looks like I may have a game vs. Anarcho. Which reading his AAR, looks like I might be in for a fight.....in addition to writing a good AAR, he's got a very good tactical and strategic handle on things. Hope I can not embarrass myself!!!

Cheesesteak -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/19/2019 4:05:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Four Horseman? I could be something like a Nazgul, dead but not dead.

It looks like I may have a game vs. Anarcho. Which reading his AAR, looks like I might be in for a fight.....in addition to writing a good AAR, he's got a very good tactical and strategic handle on things. Hope I can not embarrass myself!!!

Nice! Both to the LotR reference and to the match-up.

If you have too much trouble with Aragorn, I mean Anachro, let us know. You can always beat up on one of the Hobbits.

Canoerebel -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/19/2019 4:52:01 PM)

...here at the end of all things.

...what can you do against such reckless hate?

...something stirs in the east; a nameless malice.

Anachro -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/19/2019 5:51:20 PM)

I think I've read LotR 2-3 times over the past 2 years, as well as the Silmarillion. Q-ball and I will be using a personally modified version of BTS and in a bit of role-reversal I will be Japan.

John 3rd -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/19/2019 6:01:29 PM)

You have a SAMURAI spirit my Opponent. BANZAI!

I read LotR and Hobbit to my boys growing up. To this day they still love all things LotR.

Cheesesteak -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/19/2019 6:18:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anachro

I think I've read LotR 2-3 times over the past 2 years, as well as the Silmarillion. Q-ball and I will be using a personally modified version of BTS and in a bit of role-reversal I will be Japan.

If I ever find myself being totally overrun, I will rename a CV the USS Fingolfin and sail out in challenge.

[image]local://upfiles/36542/BB133221CC4D473EA56566855E47A0B8.jpg[/image]

Cheesesteak -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/19/2019 6:19:48 PM)

quote:

Ask Aaffins how many times he's (involuntarily) heard the audiobook

aaffins -> RE: Returning Vet Looking for a Game (12/20/2019 1:50:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cheesesteak

quote:

Ask Aaffins how many times he's (involuntarily) heard the audiobook

So if your roommate can't fall asleep without the lotr audiobook and you room together for two years...can I use WITP tracker for this?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI