Reinforcement Upgrade Value (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

rjh1971 -> Reinforcement Upgrade Value (12/19/2019 6:04:49 PM)

Hi all, newbie to the game.

I would like to know what's the reinforcement Upgrade value that is considered normal, if I understood correctly if you increase it your units will regain their strength quicker, am I right?
If so how do you know how much to increase or lower it?
If this have already been discussed I'd appreciate if anyone points me to the thread.

Thank you.

RandomAttack -> RE: Reinforcement Upgrade Value (12/19/2019 6:39:15 PM)

There is another thread on page 3 (Reinforcement/Upgrade Question) that discusses it. Sorry, I don't know how to link it here. Alvaro recommends 50%, but guess it depends on whether you are in the middle of serious fighting, more occupied with building, etc. Yes, the more you increase it the more points are available for reinforcements & upgrades-- and less is available for building other units.

rjh1971 -> RE: Reinforcement Upgrade Value (12/21/2019 9:52:42 AM)

Thanks R.A. searching through the first pages I found this,
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4707452
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4705635

I'll keep searching for more stuff.

ago1000 -> RE: Reinforcement Upgrade Value (12/21/2019 3:05:43 PM)

Sorry for beating a dead horse but I just want to make sure I understand the manual and what peeps on the forum are saying. I've read that Alvaro recommends 50% of production. Does oil play in those numbers? For example, I have in the pic Reinf/Upgrade set to 50(less than 50% of production) because Upkeep shows 34. However, I have run into issues where my planes show the out of oil symbol when they should not, unless oil is counted in that number. So with a specific example, do I set England to 80(by 10 increments) because 34+42 =76 or can I set it to 40 because oil is not considered and I want to maximize my stockpile? or I am misunderstanding oil too?

[image]local://upfiles/13464/7F3E0E1B65614FE8881B637C225369C7.jpg[/image]

Journier -> RE: Reinforcement Upgrade Value (12/21/2019 3:41:14 PM)

ok for some of your question, no the reinforcement slider doesnt affect your oil being sent to units.

Are the units that have low oil by chance in a low supply area such as africa and away from port?

to quote from the manual regarding supply from ports, and this is something i have personally noticed in africa when i first started, my units werent getting supplies necessary. oil dependent units use 20% extra supply stockpile from ports.

quote:

The Axis have a German armored corps (20 strength costing 28 stockpile because it is oil dependent), 2 Italian infantry corps (20 strength and 20 stockpile each), 1 German air superiority group (20 strength costing 28 stockpile), and 1 Italian ground attack group (20 strength costing 28 stockpile) for a total of 100 strength and a
132 stockpile cost near Tobruk. Tobruk is a size 3 port and Bengasi a size 5 port within 10 hexes of the units. Together they can supply (5 + 3) * 20 = 160 strength of units in Libya. If the Axis were near Alexandria, they would be short supplies as Bengasi would be more than 10 hexes away and the cost to transport supply to these units would increase.

I would assume low supply creates a low oil alert on your unit, havent tested it or noticed that before though? I dont see it mentioned in manual other than regarding supply.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Reinforcement Upgrade Value (12/21/2019 4:13:06 PM)

Oil is just oil. Port supply stockpile is just for effectiveness recovery and unit supply levels. Oil is only used to maintain units (very little) and operate units. In WarPlan logistics is very important and you must manage your oil correctly. Some players say there is too little. Others have no problems. Planes need to rest, tanks need to repair damage. So if you are constantly flying planes non-stop not paying attention to oil yes you will run out. Also realize how much you can or can't build. That is the beauty of the logistics force pool. You can build what you want.

But....

For the axis Oil is the key element here
For the Allies overseas supply. If you build too many armored units you will not be as well supplied in France. Your airbases are important in England also. There is a lot of positional strategy in the game and allocation of resources.

ago1000 -> RE: Reinforcement Upgrade Value (12/21/2019 4:44:27 PM)

Thanks everyone. Yes, low supply CV fleet fighting Axis subs in the Atlantic. Going to add to this. It appeared again with one of my planes in England. This plane did not fly any missions last turn due to stormy weather (double raindrops). However, I can attack the sub even with the oil symbol. No other messages appears on the screen that unit is low on oil.

[image]local://upfiles/13464/033014F7F5D24A95B2D20F9F44753E77.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI