Language switch not working? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Tech Support

HannoMeier -> Language switch not working? (1/1/2020 12:18:27 PM)

Dear Brian,
just bought the game and looking forward to test it. I am German myself, but would like to play the game in english (as the original language). With version 1.04 installed, I could only switch between german and spanish language (in other words: even when I choose the english language flag, the menu still remains in german). Cold you please give advise how to change?

Thanks,
Hanno

bcgames -> RE: Language switch not working? (1/2/2020 1:52:24 AM)

Hanno,

Saint Ruth is on vacation. I'm sure he'll take a look at this issue when he returns.

In the meantime, I have a quickfix suggestion for you. If you navigate to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Desert War 1940-1942\languages

...you will see three properties files:

slogans.properties
slogans_de.properties
slogans_SPA.properties

These are the language "localization" files (English, German, Spanish). A way to replace the German (or Spanish) with the English localization is to do the following:

Delete the slogans_de.properties file (German)
Copy the slogans.properties files (English)
Rename the slogans - Copy.properties file to slogans_de.properties file (English)
Launch the game
Select the German Flag...text should now be in English..

If you never intend to play the game in Spanish, I would do all the above except replace the slogans_SPA.properties instead. That way you can still play the game in German.

A temporary fix I know, but I'm not the coder--but I am a modder!

v/r

bcgames

bcgames -> RE: Language switch not working? (1/3/2020 2:00:03 AM)

Let me know if this fix puts you in the mode you preferred to play in; others may have the same issue.

HannoMeier -> RE: Language switch not working? (1/3/2020 8:59:48 PM)

Thank you - I will try it this weekend. Hanno

bcgames -> RE: Language switch not working? (1/4/2020 3:41:10 AM)

Good luck!

HannoMeier -> RE: Language switch not working? (1/4/2020 10:47:35 PM)

Hotfix worked - thanks your quick help!

Hanno

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI