changing ship production (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

gr8bookworm -> changing ship production (1/4/2020 4:49:56 AM)

Hi all,

getting back into AE after about 8 years out, stupid question but how do I change ship production again, i.e. stop building the Shionano?

geofflambert -> RE: changing ship production (1/4/2020 7:37:54 AM)

Go to the Inquiries screen, click on"Ship Availability", then sort for the type of ships you want to look at. You have the option to Stop (if not started yet), Halt (if under production) which could mean "Pause" if you want to restart later, or go to accelerated production.

gr8bookworm -> RE: changing ship production (1/4/2020 9:46:33 AM)

I found it but its greyed out. I'm playing the BTS mod, maybe that's why???

PaxMondo -> RE: changing ship production (1/4/2020 1:09:26 PM)

greyed out means not yet started to build. you have to wait until you can change OR change them ALL to HALT, then unhalt only what you want. (Might be all STOP, can't remember, but one or the other works)

Chickenboy -> RE: changing ship production (1/4/2020 3:36:23 PM)

Aren't the STOP/HALT options only available after the first turn? @gr8bookwork-I don't think you can alter production before the first turn, if that's relevant to your query.

BBfanboy -> RE: changing ship production (1/4/2020 6:29:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Aren't the STOP/HALT options only available after the first turn? @gr8bookwork-I don't think you can alter production before the first turn, if that's relevant to your query.

Because of variable arrivals (which you choose during setup of the game), the arrivals list is not populated until the first turn is run and the randomization of the variable arrivals is completed by the game engine. This is why so many IJ players groan about the second turn more than the first!

gr8bookworm -> RE: changing ship production (1/4/2020 6:57:48 PM)

that's what I am suspecting- cheers

PaxMondo -> RE: changing ship production (1/5/2020 12:22:26 AM)

Hmmm, I just checked to confirm. On the IJ side, I set my ship arrival on turn 1. So either I have a unique install or something else is quirky ….

BillBrown -> RE: changing ship production (1/5/2020 12:23:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Hmmm, I just checked to confirm. On the IJ side, I set my ship arrival on turn 1. So either I have a unique install or something else is quirky ….

Was that for a PBEM game?

In an AI game, you can alter ship production on turn 1, not is a PBEM game.

BBfanboy -> RE: changing ship production (1/5/2020 12:34:20 AM)

quote:

Are you saying you set the switch for arrival variability or are you saying you got the complete population of your arrivals queue prior to running turn 1?
I think some vessels that have hard-coded arrival dates might show up before you run the turn, but after running the first turn it will look much different with all the other vessels added.
As the Allies vs Japan-Computer, the arrivals queue is not populated until the first turn runs.

BillBrown -> RE: changing ship production (1/5/2020 12:49:44 AM)

forget it.

PaxMondo -> RE: changing ship production (1/5/2020 1:23:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

quote:

Was that for a PBEM game?

In an AI game, you can alter ship production on turn 1, not is a PBEM game.

Ahh, yes, I am speaking to AI game. I didn't realize that the PBEM was different. [X(]

BillBrown -> RE: changing ship production (1/5/2020 2:50:18 AM)

Yes, it was done to prevent a bit of a cheat. If it wasn't done that way, a Japanese player could just keep starting a new PBEM game
and wait to see when the units appeared in a time frame that gave him an advantage.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI