Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Dimitris -> Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 7:09:59 AM)

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FZSVevjbY5_jm3_OBAszR269EXi6xzd9

To apply: Unzip contents on your CMO installation, overwriting as necessary.

This is a public beta. Standard disclaimers apply.

Changes from B1121.3
----------------------------------------

* Major new feature: Fog of war (FOW) for Tacview 3D view. When God's Eye view is disabled, the Tacview window will now display only own- and friendly-side units plus any detected contacts. Displayed contact shapes start from generic semi-opaque placeholders and then switch to more specific (and solid) shapes when/if they are sufficiently classified/identified. If God's Eye is active, all units are shown as before.
(Known current issue: Switching side or toggling God's Eye status forces the Tacview window to close and re-open)

* Added 1-15 sec time acceleration option
* The "Land cover" map layer now uses WebP format for the tiles (instead of PNG), which achieves much smaller file sizes.
* Mission AI tweak: For non-specific mission types, the default "start looking for tankers" fuel threshold has been changed from 60% to 30%. This _SHOULD_ help alleviate cases where aircraft nearing their strike targets abruptly turn back and start looking for a suitable tanker to refuel.
* Major rework on ABM engagement logics, _should_ eliminate various issues related to ABM guidance.
* Numerous sim-core performance tweaks
* Added a Min/max option to DB-Viewer window
* ADDED: #13479: Lua Script Font Size Change - Event Action Lua script screen
* Most secondary windows are now shown on Windows taskbar when open. This helps to find them if they are accidentally obscured by the main map window.
* Includes the new Tacview mesh additions by BogdanM (Puma, Merlin & Sea King helicopters, Trafalgar, Astute, Borei & Yasen submarines)
* Includes DB-updated versions of the "Northern Inferno", "Chains Of War", "Shifting Sands" and Command-LIVE DLC scenarios, all rebuilt by Todd Bergquist (AttorneyAtWar).
* Includes updated database images and descriptions files by CV60, kgambit and apd1004. The updated images are not included in the pack, but are available for automatic download on the remote server (thus, to get updated images you must first delete your local cache at [CMO]\DB\Images\).

* FIXED: Raw-text mode message log window was stealing focus from main map window every time it was refreshed, and was not properly forwarding hotkey presses. (If you notice the same issue in any other window, please do alert us).
* FIXED: Pathfinding legs of a plotted course were drawn as both dashed and solid line
* FIXED: Aircraft on air-intercept mission may RTB if their current primary target is not relevant to mission (while other secondary targets still are relevant)
* FIXED: #13469: Lag when opening ME window
* FIXED: "Unit Damaged" trigger may fire twice when unit destroyed
* FIXED: Contact course & speed displayed on datablock and rotated icon even when they are not known
* FIXED: Cross-threading error in Mission Editor window (refresh caused by sim event) causes red-X
* FIXED: BOL-fired ASROC rocket never releases its torpedo
* FIXED: #13470: Max Speed for Ground Based Interceptors 10kts
* Additional fix for strike mission altitudes
* FIXED: #13417: Cannot resize Sensors window
* Fix for wingman altitudes on strike missions
* FIXED: #13412: Game closes unexpectedly on user scen
* FIXED: #13348: Event probability not able to be set through event editor
* FIXED: #13499: Repeatable-Loop for Patrol Missions not saved
* FIXED: #13179: "Add Unit" window: Add sub-type filter
* FIXED: #13308: Bug: When you try to search in the OOB window typing in the search box, pressing 'O' key closes the window
* FIXED: #13327: Adding and removing magazines does not auto-refresh the magazines window
* FIXED: #13418: Unit status window no-refresh issue
* FIXED: #13382: Refueling queue ain't not never don't show nothing
* FIXED: #13378: Sub tube reloading (erroneously appears to be) instant
* FIXED: #13493: Aircraft loadout weapons not displayed on "Weapons" window
* FIXED: Certain ABMs were not auto-engaging RVs (they considered them as atmospheric supersonic targets instead of ballistic)
* FIXED: #13407: [None] on [None] in sensor detections field
* FIXED: #13436: Unable to change WCS: Land
* FIXED: #13423: CMO & CMANO "Add Sensor" window arcs bug
* FIXED: #13416: "Jump to Location" going to 0-0
* FIXED: #13442: DB viewer not snapping to selected unit in unit list
* FIXED: #13144: "Load cargo" button on Docking Ops form is not wide enough
* FIXED: #13302: Aircraft Dialog window doesn't update to new selected unit
* FIXED: #13401: "Nothing" in Message Log
* FIXED: #13548: Notification - missing summary label
* FIXED: #13422: In "Air Ops" window, cannot resize the "Status" or "Time to Ready" columns
* FIXED: #13518: Not being able to delete sensors properly
* FIXED: #13547: Cannot Select Multiple Units In Event Editor (Teleport action)
* FIXED: #13543: Ships in ports have problem (ScenEdit-only buttons on Docking Ops window also visible on normal play)
* FIXED: Problem in "Bersama Lima" scenario (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4742573)
* FIXED: Helo pickup issue in "Raid on Kismayo" scenario.
* FIXED: Freeze during dynamic fuel re-calc of dual-capable (AAW/ASuW) guided weapon
* FIXED: Blocking exception during scenario load on European-locale systems

Dide -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 7:36:13 AM)

Thanks!!!

ridgeback68 -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 9:16:31 AM)

quote:

Lol [:D][:D]. And you think we don’t read these posts!! Thanks for the update and Happy New Year to all.

CriticalMass -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 9:16:35 AM)

Is this compatible with Steam version?

jun5896 -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 10:24:07 AM)

Thanks!

Capocarro94 -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 11:00:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CriticalMass

I have my Steam version currently Build 1115.8.1 since November...Why Steam doesn't update the game??? It is normal?

actrade -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 11:32:10 AM)

* Includes updated database images and descriptions files by CV60, kgambit and apd1004. The updated images are not included in the pack, but are available for automatic download on the remote server (thus, to get updated images you must first delete your local cache at [CMO]\DB\Images\).

I'm not sure what this means and what to do? Does this mean the DB files over at warfaresims.com that many of us already use? If so, how does one delete the local cache at [CMO]\DB\Images\)...does that mean delete that folder? If so, do you do it before downloading from the remote server? Speaking of which, where/what is the remote server and how does it automatically download? Sorry, but not as computer literate as some :)

sluggy2010 -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 11:46:02 AM)

Thanks Dimitris - A big juicy update for 2020.

Can the FOW be game options ( default to on ) rather than just hard set on, and the same for the Altitude and Ribbons for Tacview rather than just removing these options please.

I tried the FOW on the Falklands community battle - I've noticed that the grounds units don't appear in Tacview - even though they are visible in the unit map, ( edit - true for structures - will confirm the AA launchers )

All the best

Sluggy

c3k -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 12:10:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

Changes from B1121.3
----------------------------------------

* Major new feature: Fog of war (FOW) for Tacview 3D view. When God's Eye view is disabled, the Tacview window will now display only own- and friendly-side units plus any detected contacts. Displayed contact shapes start from generic semi-opaque placeholders and then switch to more specific (and solid) shapes when/if they are sufficiently classified/identified. If God's Eye is active, all units are shown as before.
(Known current issue: Switching side or toggling God's Eye status forces the Tacview window to close and re-open)

Outstanding!

Thanks.

Dimitris -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 1:35:37 PM)

quote:

You can apply this manually on top of your Steam installation.

Dimitris -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 1:37:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capocarro94

quote:

I have my Steam version currently Build 1115.8.1 since November...Why Steam doesn't update the game??? It is normal?

The current public update on Steam is B1121.3 (see here). This new beta will soon also be available on the Steam beta branch, and after it checks out also on the normal distribution branch.

Dimitris -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 1:48:46 PM)

quote:

Can the FOW be game options ( default to on ) rather than just hard set on, and the same for the Altitude and Ribbons for Tacview rather than just removing these options please.

We thought about making the FOW separately toggleable, but then you get into even more "tech support" nightmares (e.g. user thinks FOW is broken but has forgotten that he's enabled Gods Eye on main map). So we just let it always be in sync with the preference of the main map.

We intend to make the other options toggle-able, through the "Game Options" window.

quote:

I tried the FOW on the Falklands community battle - I've noticed that the grounds units don't appear in Tacview - even though they are visible in the unit map, ( edit - true for structures - will confirm the AA launchers )

I'm not sure that we show fixed facilities ATM, will need to check.

Thanks!

stolowski -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 4:06:20 PM)

Woah, that's an impressive list of fixes and FOW for Tacview is a nice surprise (I didn't expect it to arrive so fast). Thank you so much!

Capocarro94 -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 4:13:50 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

The current public update on Steam is B1121.3 (see here). This new beta will soon also be available on the Steam beta branch, and after it checks out also on the normal distribution branch.

Confirm that to activate Build B1121.3 and new beta 1121.4 have to click the Betas tab and select the Beta from the drop down menu of game properties??

Confirm that Build 1115.8.1 its the last "Stable version" of Steam version??

CriticalMass -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 4:17:31 PM)

quote:

quote:

You can apply this manually on top of your Steam installation.

Great, thanks!

Will leave a review on Steam :)

Plime -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 4:44:46 PM)

quote:

FIXED: #13436: Unable to change WCS: Land

Hello,

" FIXED: #13436: Unable to change WCS: Land"

It is always impossible to change WCS land.

Dimitris -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 4:57:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Plime

quote:

FIXED: #13436: Unable to change WCS: Land

Hello,

" FIXED: #13436: Unable to change WCS: Land"

It is always impossible to change WCS land.

Hi, can you please move this on a separate thread on the Tech Support forum? Thanks!

Dimitris -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 5:35:12 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Confirm that to activate Build B1121.3 and new beta 1121.4 have to click the Betas tab and select the Beta from the drop down menu of game properties??

Confirm that Build 1115.8.1 its the last "Stable version" of Steam version??

Correct on both.

gsalvar -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 8:32:44 PM)

A lot of things being fixed.
thanks,

magi -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 8:59:38 PM)

hamdullah..... ive been checking every day for this.....
whata guy......

ultradave -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 10:26:36 PM)

Awesome. Thank you!

tjhkkr -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/7/2020 10:44:55 PM)

Thank you!

pki -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/8/2020 4:03:55 AM)

Impressive work done, thanks a lot.

pki

Kimura -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/8/2020 10:42:09 AM)

quote:

* Major new feature: Fog of war (FOW) for Tacview 3D view.

Great work as always. That´s why I love you [&o]

Marder -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/8/2020 11:09:03 AM)

w00t? ;-)

thanks!

Scorpion86 -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/8/2020 6:39:13 PM)

My my, you've been busy! As usual, my enormous thanks for you guys!

magi -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/8/2020 9:21:51 PM)

you guys did really good.... i like you....

guanotwozero -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/9/2020 8:49:59 AM)

Excellent, thanks!

schweggy -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/9/2020 10:03:46 PM)

Best fix evah...

That rite there is pure poetry. (And extremely technical)

FTBSS -> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1121.4 (1/9/2020 11:55:58 PM)

When I try and replace files it gives me an error saying It can not overwrite and does not extract properly

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI