(PBEM) 12/8 second attack on PH bugged? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

sh0nyu -> (PBEM) 12/8 second attack on PH bugged? (1/14/2020 7:39:02 PM)

Sorry, I didn't find an older thread about this.

Is there a problem resolving a second attack in PH during Dec 8th for PBEMs?
I attacked PH and got a correct combat report. My opponent got one with damaged ships at PH but without the second attack round (so he can't really understand what happened). We exchanged the combatreport.txt and realised that in his there was an attack on Manila and in my the PH attack.

btd64 -> RE: (PBEM) 12/8 second attack on PH bugged? (1/14/2020 7:47:23 PM)

It sounds like the sync bug has struck again. You and your opponent need to verify that you are both using the same version of AE....GP

sh0nyu -> RE: (PBEM) 12/8 second attack on PH bugged? (1/14/2020 7:58:16 PM)

It is both 1.8.11.26b

sh0nyu -> RE: (PBEM) 12/8 second attack on PH bugged? (1/15/2020 12:35:19 PM)

Okay, we just tested the sync by a short game sequence: my raid on PH was a dream! Maryland, Pennsylvania, Arizona and Tennessee sunk after first attack! Should have been the main game [8|]
The sync during 4 turns was ok. The second day at PH was resolved correctly.

BBfanboy -> RE: (PBEM) 12/8 second attack on PH bugged? (1/15/2020 4:00:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sh0nyu

Okay, we just tested the sync by a short game sequence: my raid on PH was a dream! Maryland, Pennsylvania, Arizona and Tennessee sunk after first attack! Should have been the main game [8|]
The sync during 4 turns was ok. The second day at PH was resolved correctly.

The IJ player reports are always correct. The Allied one shows the sync bugs. Some players wait until they get the full turn from their opponent and compare the files for the combat report with the one their run-through saved and see if they are the same size. If no, the synch bug has struck and the Allied report must be replaced with the IJ one. At least that is how I understand it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI