H2H Final Release is now up! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

mlomax -> H2H Final Release is now up! (7/13/2003 11:14:15 PM)

I Was just over at The Blitz website and the new H2H is up for download.

[url]www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php[/url]

mlomax -> Sorry! (7/13/2003 11:22:46 PM)

Hey Panzer Leo, I'm sorry If I stole your thunder on Your announcement of the new H2H.:(

Alby -> (7/13/2003 11:29:50 PM)

Thanks to Leo and all others involved in this project!!
:) :) :) :) :)

o4r -> Re: Sorry! (7/14/2003 12:20:38 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mlomax
[B]Hey Panzer Leo, I'm sorry If I stole your thunder on Your announcement of the new H2H.:( [/B][/QUOTE]
Maybe because of u, he shut his sever down....:p

Panzer Leo -> (7/14/2003 2:05:40 AM)

I have been on a trip to friends this weekend and was caught by surprise, that it is up...so good you posted it here :)

You all have waited long enough, so no big speech here...just hit my banner and get it...happy gaming :D

M4Jess -> (7/14/2003 3:55:50 AM)

Page is down?:(

Jim1954 -> (7/14/2003 4:19:14 AM)

Probably too many hits.

:cool:

Charles2222 -> (7/14/2003 5:54:19 AM)

I think if it's down you get the missing server routine, whereas if it's something like too much traffic we might get something like what we're getting. I'm getting about halfway through to get to the page and it just hangs there. I have a cable modem and the thing is sitting there like 10 minutes. Perhaps very late tonight or tomorrow morning?

m10bob -> (7/14/2003 6:54:12 AM)

Yep,definitely a lot of people knocking on the door at the same time..O.K.,here's what we'll do..Everybody whose nickname has anything to do with American armor,go next..German,next,etc...Whatta 'ya think guys?????;) :eek: :p

M4Jess -> (7/14/2003 7:45:41 AM)

M4s go first!!!!!:D

m10bob -> (7/14/2003 9:02:29 AM)

m10's next,then m18's,etc......:cool:

Charles2222 -> (7/14/2003 5:20:22 PM)

Well I finally got through, only to get a message stating that the database is temporarily down, even at this hour. So much for this weekend (today is a weekend day for me [sundays and mondays off]).

dox44 -> h2h final (7/14/2003 7:23:28 PM)

its up at 7AM CST but slow

took 52 seconds to d/l

casebier

sami heimola -> (7/14/2003 8:16:08 PM)

Hmm how about adding more mirror sites for H2H Mod :p? Any way possible? Just asking...

dwayne -> thanks (7/14/2003 8:49:56 PM)

I'd like to thank PazerLeo for this very promissing mod. I' downloading it now and I look forward to crush some real opponets in PBEM:mad: :D :D

bchapman -> (7/15/2003 4:16:11 AM)

[QUOTE]its up at 7AM CST but slow - took 52 seconds to d/l
[/QUOTE] :eek:

I started last night and finally finished about noon today:( , but I do have it now, Thanks Leo, and The Blitz :D

Charles2222 -> (7/15/2003 6:08:40 AM)

I still can't even get to the site.

Alby -> (7/15/2003 6:53:00 AM)

Just gotta keep trying
I try and try to get there and nothing, then one time it goes right there.
they need to do something!!! thats for sure

I got ICQ if anyone with fast connection wants it that way
no dial ups!! sorry.
I am on cable.

MacCready -> (7/15/2003 7:36:43 AM)

They are having some major problems with the server at the blitz.:(

M4Jess -> (7/15/2003 7:41:01 AM)

An M4 has it! :p down-load went fine;)

MacCready -> (7/15/2003 7:46:30 AM)

Lucky you ,I haven't been able to get to the server at all today,maybe its just inindated with users,I'd like to upgrade my H2H
from version CE to FE.
I'll keep trying of course,Is this the only place on the internet that has the final version download?

stevemk1a -> (7/15/2003 8:58:51 AM)

After many failed attempts ... I finally got right to the site and the d/l went smoothly :D :cool: :D ! It's installed and running ... patience pays off!

chief -> First things first (7/15/2003 9:31:51 AM)

To Panzer Leo:
After copying all the data in shorthand i finally got your updated version....and I like it.

To Warrior Avery:
In the first scenario i founf the preferences to be set at 60/60 for serching !!!!is this where it's supposed to be ?
It's not a big thing but i'm used to seeing no changes. Otherwise I'm enjoying you scenario as it is now.

resp chief :) :cool:

Charles2222 -> (7/15/2003 7:23:04 PM)

I finally got through at 0500 today. At first it got one of those site missing type of messages, immediately, and having to deal a lot with that at work, though I was at home, I hit it once again, and then it went through it's painful process, only to get through approximately 5 minutes later. I must've tried 3 or 4 times yesterday, and on at least a couple of those attempts it came up saying the database was down.

Gallo Rojo -> (7/15/2003 10:41:25 PM)

great work!
I have donwload it yesterday.
congratulations and thanks to PzLeo and the rest of the team :)

chief -> (7/16/2003 1:39:19 AM)

It never ceases to amaze me as to what a dedicated group of (SPWAW) volunteers [SIZE=3]"can do"[/SIZE] for the love of this game. To all who made this version of H2H [COLOR=crimson]"Bravo Zulu"[/COLOR]

[SIZE=3]TANKS[/SIZE]

Nikademus -> (7/16/2003 2:11:28 AM)

Leo,

First off thanks for putting such a tremendous effort into making a great game even greater.

2nd, a question. Your documentation says that infantry are now 'tougher'. Can you elaborate on that a little? :)

Does this mean that the tendancy for infantry units, even in cover to suffer greatly increased too hit chances has been reduced somewhat?

Example:

entrenched inf unit spotted in hex. Tank (or inf) fires at it and gets correspondingly low to hit % (say 5%)

However if the entrenched inf unit returns fire. The next shot from any units will get a greatly enhanced to hit % (say, 45%)

Often wondered about this aspect in WAW....at first it seemed to make sense as it encouraged combined arms tactics, + it would seem to make sense that a unit thats "firing" is more vulnerable vs one that is taking cover, but now it feels a bit too gamey because it can be counted on every time and the to hit % change is so dramatic. Makes it very easy for AFV's to root out infantry in cover terrain or buildings.

ThomasBELL123 -> WOW! (7/16/2003 2:12:36 AM)

Wait One.

Gallo Rojo -> (7/16/2003 4:42:28 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nikademus
[B]2nd, a question. Your documentation says that infantry are now 'tougher'. Can you elaborate on that a little? :)

Does this mean that the tendancy for infantry units, even in cover to suffer greatly increased too hit chances has been reduced somewhat?

[/B][/QUOTE]

Not Leo ... but I guess that the infatry is "tougher" because is harder to spot than in previous versions.

As SEARCHING is seted at 60% in the preferences screen, every unit is harder to spot ... but smaller units are even harder. So untis like infantry and ATG, which have a size of 1 may be really dificult to spot. So infantry have more chances to ambrush tanks ... or slowly advance and then assault enemy tanks ...

Tanks are also worst for spotting ... so you will need infantry and recon units to spot entrenched or in-cover enemy units.

I think tath this is what makes infantry tougher in SPh2H.fr

Warrior -> Re: First things first (7/16/2003 4:45:35 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chief
[B]

To Warrior Avery:
In the first scenario i founf the preferences to be set at 60/60 for serching !!!!is this where it's supposed to be ?
It's not a big thing but i'm used to seeing no changes. Otherwise I'm enjoying you scenario as it is now.

resp chief :) :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Chief, I don't remember if I set it that way or not, but don't think I did, particularly since I NEVER set total points available. My guess is that it's a preference that's throughout the scenarios, but I didn't check, just reset the global preferences. (I always use 100% or XXX preferences, fast artillery on, C & C off, opt fire off, and my units numbered.) Perhaps Panzer Leo can shed light on it.... (In response to a couple of other comments, I've found units harder to spot in H2H without setting that preference lower.)

Glad you're enjoying it, no matter what the settings! Thanks!

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI