Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

Tanaka -> Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (1/22/2020 6:47:27 AM)

Is the diplomatic hit for US/Russia the same either way? Asking for WIE and WAW. Seems like you can save 50 MPPs saying no and invading Denmark on your own. Saying yes to Norway however is a bargain.

lwarmonger -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (1/22/2020 4:46:37 PM)

Pretty much... I usually conquer Denmark on my own... use the event to take norway.

Mercutio -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (1/22/2020 10:16:02 PM)

Depends on time. Vs a human in MP you may decide they delayed you enough that you don't want to divert troops to Denmark so you can strike the low countries and France earlier or with more power. Situational, but ideally you are correct.

Tanaka -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (1/23/2020 12:43:38 AM)

Thanks guys I thought so and will probably do this from now on depending on the situation. Was afraid the diplomatic hit was more if you declared war on your own.

Treefrog -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/24/2021 1:43:37 PM)

Frankly, I never read a clear reply in the thread that the diplomatic hit was the same whether you invaded/conquered Denmark or paid the 100 mpps to occupy it.

Any thoughts?

ThunderLizard11 -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/25/2021 12:34:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treefrog

Frankly, I never read a clear reply in the thread that the diplomatic hit was the same whether you invaded/conquered Denmark or paid the 100 mpps to occupy it.

Any thoughts?

AFAIK it's the same but it's RNG so varies. I usually wait on Denmark and take Norway by event.

Elessar2 -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/25/2021 1:40:04 AM)

You have 3 choices for Denmark: have a mechanized unit charge towards Copenhagen, but that will take at least 2 turns, and the British can then invade the Baltic and attack the Kriegsmarine. An amphibious invasion is hardly a bargain. Or you could wait until the Paratroop event, get it early, and drop it in the next turn, but then you have to hope the weather cooperates.

OldCrowBalthazor -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/25/2021 2:45:50 AM)

I wouldn't mess with Denmark except by the DEC...at least if playing an MP against a halfway competent Allied opponent. I think Elessar2 spelled out choices pretty well..if one decides they need to do this thing..manually. [:D]

Treefrog -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/25/2021 2:57:39 AM)

Thunder wrote: "AFAIK it's the same but it's RNG so varies."
vocabulary builder: AFAIK means what?
RNG means what?

"I usually wait on Denmark". That is perfectly unclear to me. What do you wait for? What do you do then?

Thanks for helping the septegenarians.

Treefrog -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/25/2021 3:10:02 AM)

Elessar2,

If the RN passes through the Copenhagen straits that takes a turn. If the Kriegsmarine is hiding way north in the Gulf of Bothnia it takes a second turn to locate and engage them.

Seems like in this event the Germans could lay a trap by closing the straits by capturing Copenhagen, thus trapping the RN in the Baltic. Seems like RN supply would be very low.

This trap would give the Luftwaffe something to do until the Battle of France starts. Plus the uboats would help attack.
Presumably the mpp replacement cost of the RN losses would more than offset the opportunity cost of operating against convoys with the French fleet still active.

I'm not arguing, just positing.

In any event, thanks for your reply. I never thought to use the paratroops, that is until after the Battle of France.

havoc1371 -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/25/2021 3:41:33 AM)

Alternatively, don't invade Norway and let the Allies drive them into the Axis camp in about a year or less from diplomatic hits for raiding the convoy route. Save 200 mpp's initially, though you'll probably lose that much, and a little more from convoy losses before Norway finally joins the Axis.

petedalby -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/25/2021 7:02:11 AM)

quote:

vocabulary builder: AFAIK means what?

"As far as I know"

Treefrog -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/25/2021 1:38:23 PM)

thanks Pete.

any clues on what "RNG" means?

Illiniwek80 -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/25/2021 3:49:16 PM)

RNG= Random Number Generator. So its random.

firsteds -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/25/2021 3:52:02 PM)

quote:

any clues on what "RNG" means?

Random Number Generator

Captjohn757 -> RE: Yes to invade Denmark/Norway or No and invade on your own? (9/25/2021 6:39:38 PM)

Treefrog: Valid point. Sometimes the acronyms just get in the way of clarity. By the way, I don't think they charge you extra if you spell out a word.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI