how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

Treefrog -> how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack? (2/8/2020 5:23:24 PM)

Twice in my game the Russians have attacked a "field" hex theretofore occupied by an entrenched Axis infantry, displaced or killed the defender, then occupied the hex. On the Axis turn before any counter attack can be launched the Russian shows level two entrenchment.

How can this happen?

Treefrog -> RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack? (2/8/2020 7:31:43 PM)

The defending hex was not improved with engineer built or other improvements; just a plain ol' steppe hex.

Treefrog -> RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack? (2/8/2020 7:32:11 PM)

has this happened to anyone else?

BillRunacre -> RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack? (2/8/2020 7:42:34 PM)

I'm not really sure, unless there's something else or we have a bug, e.g. could the unit that has entrenchment level 2 be being swapped in from an adjacent hex where it had (legitimately) obtained that entrenchment level?

Treefrog -> RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack? (2/8/2020 9:20:55 PM)

Bill, short answer: no.

German army was on a field hex with a level 2 entrenchment by virtue of staying there a digging in.
From across the Dnepr River the Russians attacked in human waves until the German army was reduced to zero strength points. A Russian heavy tank advanced across the river into the formerly German hex and launched an attack. End of turn.
I checked the Russian heavy tank preparatory to counter attack and it was already at level two entrenchment.
This is the second time I have observed this to happen in my current game(i.e. Russian units killing level 2 entrenched German units, occupying the hex and starting the German turn at level 2 entrenchment.

Hubert Cater -> RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack? (2/10/2020 2:34:11 PM)

Thanks for the report at this point all I can say is that I have not been able to track and correct this issue down, despite the repeated reports over the years. It has just never been repeatable on my end unfortunately.

However it is still on my list and will be fixed as soon as I can properly trace it. It is just one of those very rare occurrences for some reason.

Treefrog -> RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack? (2/10/2020 6:46:58 PM)

Bill, we play for fun and not for money so no big deal. Those Russian units are just following good tactical acumen by digging in immediately to await the inevitable German counterattack. Great game.

Kaukopartio -> RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack? (2/10/2020 7:33:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treefrog

Bill, we play for fun and not for money so no big deal. Those Russian units are just following good tactical acumen by digging in immediately to await the inevitable German counterattack. Great game.

It may backfire though.. I was once very happy to hop into a ready-made foxhole, until I figured out - too late - that the previous occupant had left a brown gift on the bottom of it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI