Question: Germany invades Spain (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

Mudmag99 -> Question: Germany invades Spain (2/11/2020 3:26:25 PM)

Is there a way to prevent this? Germany always also invades Vichy France, but that at least seems a little more historically plausible.

Thanks all!

battlevonwar -> RE: Question: Germany invades Spain (2/11/2020 3:27:06 PM)

Delay France no way to stop it but ultimately it means the USSR will be tough to beat and the game will be longer!

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Question: Germany invades Spain (2/11/2020 7:36:18 PM)

Allies get the Vichy navy and the colonies if they invade mainland Vichy. It drastically shifts the naval balance in the Allies favor

Michael T -> RE: Question: Germany invades Spain (2/11/2020 8:02:38 PM)

quote:

Allies get the Vichy navy

This doers not always happen. Out of two games played I only got the Vichy Navy once. Both times it was a negotiated surrender of France. I have no idea why in one game I got the Vichy Fleet and the other I did not.

tyronec -> RE: Question: Germany invades Spain (2/11/2020 8:55:39 PM)

You will never get the Vichy Navy as long as Axis take out Vichy France in one turn, which is easy enough. Unless Axis is an idiot, like when I played Michael...

Allies need to hold Axis in France for several turns, that is the key to holding Spain. Axis cannot afford to fight Spain and Russia at the same time.

Michael T -> RE: Question: Germany invades Spain (2/11/2020 9:15:05 PM)

No I wasn't counting our game. The one against Almeron and My current against tigercub. In both the Axis DOW Vichy France. Both did not conquer Vichy in one turn. I had UK control of the Vichy Fleet in both games. When Vichy surrendered in game one the Vichy Fleet appeared on the UK build cue a few turns later. In the second game they did not (and I was counting on them) re appear on the build cue or anywhere else. [&:]

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Question: Germany invades Spain (2/11/2020 9:34:11 PM)

It went Vichy both times?

Michael T -> RE: Question: Germany invades Spain (2/11/2020 10:00:40 PM)

I am not sure what you mean or are asking. Two pretty much identical circumstances it seemed to me. In one game after Vichy France surrendered the UK gained control of the Vichy Fleet (they appeared in the build cue one or two turns later). In the other game they did not.

I found this in the events file, not sure if it is relevant or not. But in the second game where UK did not get Vichy Fleet after the Vichy surrender, the German did occupy Vichy before he captured Paris. That is before France made negotiated peace the Germans were in Vichy City. Which I think is 143,46

//Vichy mainland surrenders easy morale 20 instead of 25
$ModifyCountry
if_Date=9/1/1939
xyControl=143,46,Neutral
actionCountry=54
moraleBreak=20
lifespan=tillTrigger
$End

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Question: Germany invades Spain (2/12/2020 4:09:16 AM)

I'll double check it and test

tyronec -> RE: Question: Germany invades Spain (2/12/2020 7:03:11 AM)

quote:

No I wasn't counting our game. The one against Almeron and My current against tigercub. In both the Axis DOW Vichy France. Both did not conquer Vichy in one turn. I had UK control of the Vichy Fleet in both games. When Vichy surrendered in game one the Vichy Fleet appeared on the UK build cue a few turns later. In the second game they did not (and I was counting on them) re appear on the build cue or anywhere else.

I have played 2 games where I took Vichy in one turn and the fleet disappeared for good.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Question: Germany invades Spain (2/12/2020 2:07:04 PM)

Yes it did disappear in my game too. Ok gotta look at this thanks guys.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI