Cutting off Murmansk (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

PanzerMike -> Cutting off Murmansk (2/19/2020 7:00:00 PM)

I am not sure what the effect is of:
1) Taking Murmansk
2) Cutting off the rail line from Murmansk

Is there any effect on Lend Lease by either of these? Can Lend Lease be cut off this way?

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/19/2020 7:53:52 PM)

In the winter of course.

PanzerMike -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/19/2020 8:04:05 PM)

Ok, if in winter either Murmansk is taken by the Axis or the railroad is cut, Lend Lease can not reach the USSR?

If so, how does the game handle the PP's if the Allied player forgets to cancel the LL convoy after the Axis cuts off Murmansk. Are they simply wasted (ie subtracted from the UK and not added to the USSR?

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/20/2020 12:06:07 AM)

It doesn't ship em.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/20/2020 12:06:46 AM)

An issue with the last beta I need to fix tonight.

RPKUPK -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/22/2020 2:54:38 PM)

Specifically,Alvaro, please tell us what we need to know about Murmansk as the German! Obviously capturing the city itself is the goal. But what are the supply facts around the rail line south into Russia. 1) why effect during winter only? 2)Does supply ever improve for the Finnish-German attack towards that rail line, then especially the one out to Archangel? Other than a slow plodding one hex per month supply truck-driven offensive.

Windfire -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/22/2020 7:42:55 PM)

I suspect in the summer the convoys can go to Archangel if Murmansk is captured or the rail line south of Murmansk is cut. Archangel gets locked in by ice in in the winter so convoys to Archangel would not be an option in the winter.

RPKUPK -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/23/2020 12:56:13 PM)

Okay thanks, that makes sense but that doesn't answer my full question completely.
So I'm still waiting for Alvaro to explain the supply situation for the attack to the Russia-Murmansk rail line and then a lack of timely rail hex repair on the way to Archangel.

PanzerMike -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/23/2020 1:08:07 PM)

Cutting off may be become somewhat different
[img]https://i.imgur.com/K8vKtxZ.png[/img]

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/23/2020 1:49:57 PM)

Lend lease is cut in winter by taking murmansk. As for supply follow the rail lines. Use hqs to extend supply range.

James Taylor -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/23/2020 7:14:58 PM)

Hey Al, any chance we can get a linking effect from HQs like SC has?

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/23/2020 11:33:38 PM)

When you click an HQ a small orange flag appears on units within it's range.

James Taylor -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/24/2020 4:43:20 PM)

I'm talking about the supply feature, one HQ extends the supply net to another HQ which provides supply to the units.

RPKUPK -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/27/2020 1:47:54 AM)

Yeah who came up with that idea of linking hq's?? Let's hear from the man. I understand hq's increase the supply by 1. So if you go along the road towards the Murmansk rail line the maximum supply is 1 + 1 = 2, since there is no rail line, just a road, is that correct? Then, one could burn supply trucks on the HQ that would increase supply to adjacent units and then you can burn supply trucks on the unit itself, is that right?

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Cutting off Murmansk (2/27/2020 8:41:51 AM)

HQs do not chain

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI