Re: Axis surrender in North Africa. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Fred98 -> Re: Axis surrender in North Africa. (7/30/2003 6:36:51 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mogami
[B]Hi, Really in my opinion the Med was won when the Axis forces in North Africa surrendered. Italy was a whole new ball game.

/// The Med is defined as the land adjacent to the ocean

Of course if a Med game covering 1940-1944 was made then the scenarios would divide into Axis in NA and Axis defense of Italy.

//// And a full campaign would cover both.

If the map covers the whole med then do we want the land campaigns in Yugoslovia and Greece included?

/// Naturally, and the Italians in southern France 1940

Delay in the Balkans could upset the start of the Russian campaign. (It was comitments to Greece that produced Axis victories in NA by drawing away the Allied troops)

Really though where does it stop? Why not just do the whole war in Europe 1939-1945?

//// Maybe one day - but not under the WITP game engine - it would take too long to play.

(Victory conditions get real easy then)

////Sure do

[/B][/QUOTE]

Micah Goodman -> (7/30/2003 8:19:11 AM)

Unless they revamp the ground combat for a UV Med game then I do not think I would be very interested in a UV game set in that theater. But who knows what the final game will look like so it might be very interesting when it gets on the shelf.

TIMJOT -> Re: Re: End Date for "Mare Nostrom" (7/30/2003 9:22:38 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joe 98
[B]Yes, excellent idea.

But the game cannot go on forever, so Italy has to fall before the game ends or the allies lose.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Some of you don’t want the emphasis to be on Rome.

The solution might be to look back at traditional board games where a victory might be determined as follows:

Rome is worth 100 points.

And there are 11 small cities each worth 10 points – for a total of 110 points.

So the allied player has a choice: to win he must either:

- take Rome plus one small city
- or take all the small cities and avoid Rome

And the Axis player has the same choice. Where to defend?

But it gets around the problem of having Rome as the focus.

And my preferred time line is still June 1940 – June 1944. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree that victory conditions should be cumulative, but again I would caution not to put too much emphasis on Rome or any other single objective. It could lead to some very gamey situations. Better to simply make Rome worth enough points, so that its possesion greatly enhances a players chances of winning. Though, probably no more so than say Cairo or Gibraltar.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI