Naval Interdiction by Air (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

Gneisenau -> Naval Interdiction by Air (3/7/2020 2:46:33 AM)

What type of bombers (and their settings) would be used for naval interdiction? ex: FW-200.

LiquidSky -> RE: Naval Interdiction by Air (3/7/2020 11:37:17 AM)

All planes will attempt naval interdiction. There naval factors determine how much damage they will do if they find. Nobody starts with naval bombers, but the Ground Attack/Close Support have 3 naval bombing factors...the Tactical/Close Support have 2. Fighters have 1.

Practically in my games, as the Axis, I use all the Tactical planes (because they have range 10) as naval interdiction, and use the Ground Attack planes in Russia.

Gneisenau -> RE: Naval Interdiction by Air (3/7/2020 6:36:10 PM)

Thanks. Do the Aircraft strike on their own or do you manually direct them. The reason I am asking, in North Africa, the Allies do supply strikes in my ports and I have naval units nearby. They don't strike and I am unable to manually do it. Shows up as a non-strike hex. Thanks.

MorningDew -> RE: Naval Interdiction by Air (3/7/2020 10:44:43 PM)

They strike on their own as it is the opponents turn. You have to have them interception mode (not mission only mode) or they will definitely not intercept. If on intercept mode, they still need to not be too low on strength and effectiveness and then they need to intercept before being able to strike.

I believe I stated all that correctly.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Naval Interdiction by Air (3/8/2020 2:51:16 AM)

That is right

RPKUPK -> RE: Naval Interdiction by Air (3/8/2020 5:27:26 AM)

How do you switch modes?
I believe that is with the button in the left upper corner of the unit dialogue "full support" versus "mission only."
Please explain the difference between these two.
Say I use a tactical bomber twice to bomb an enemy unit ... what capabilities does it have during the opponent's turn?
And contrast that with "mission only" setting ... can the air units be used for bombing or strafing during the combat phase or does it sit quietly waiting to expend its air cap capabilities during enemy turn?

WayneBGood -> RE: Naval Interdiction by Air (3/15/2020 11:04:48 PM)

Just my 2 cents. In the last game I finished the UK would constantly send their fleets to Malta as they transited the Med. They were sitting ducks with the overwhelming airpower that I had assembled in Sicily. May want to look at the script for the UK Navy in the Med if Malta is under constant bombardment. They may want to avoid Malta as a port and use oilers for resupply.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Naval Interdiction by Air (3/16/2020 4:41:45 AM)

They should normally not use that port. I'll check.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI