Question on Airgroup Commander Replacement (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Honus -> Question on Airgroup Commander Replacement (3/16/2020 4:14:45 PM)

I see that when I go to replace a Leader of an Airgroup, the list of available pilots contains some names with an Asterisk (*) after the officers rank. The current commander has one, but so do some others. What is the significance of the Asterisk? Is it described in the manual somewhere? TIA.

BBfanboy -> RE: Question on Airgroup Commander Replacement (3/16/2020 9:27:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Honus

I see that when I go to replace a Leader of an Airgroup, the list of available pilots contains some names with an Asterisk (*) after the officers rank. The current commander has one, but so do some others. What is the significance of the Asterisk? Is it described in the manual somewhere? TIA.

I think it means that pilot is also in the "Leaders" portion of the Database. Open the scenario in the editor and you will see separate tabs for Pilots and Leaders.

Honus -> RE: Question on Airgroup Commander Replacement (3/16/2020 10:06:59 PM)

Hmmm, thanks.

btd64 -> RE: Question on Airgroup Commander Replacement (3/16/2020 11:00:41 PM)

Post an image of your leaders as you see them. I don't recall a *....GP

Honus -> RE: Question on Airgroup Commander Replacement (3/16/2020 11:36:39 PM)

Here:

btd64 -> RE: Question on Airgroup Commander Replacement (3/16/2020 11:50:49 PM)

Just a guess, but maybe they were just promoted. That's the only thing I can think of....GP

jdsrae -> RE: Question on Airgroup Commander Replacement (3/17/2020 7:35:47 AM)

I don’t know for sure, but I’ve always thought that the named leaders with the * are also active pilots so can fly missions and be shot down, while the ones without the * are desk jockeys.

PaxMondo -> RE: Question on Airgroup Commander Replacement (3/17/2020 1:29:26 PM)

correct. * indicates that they are also active pilots, so they can be lost on missions. inactive pilot leaders cannot be lost on missions, a key advantage, but many of the best leaders on both sides are active pilots.

Honus -> RE: Question on Airgroup Commander Replacement (3/17/2020 2:51:58 PM)

Thanks all.

btd64 -> RE: Question on Airgroup Commander Replacement (3/17/2020 2:56:04 PM)

Thanks for clearing that up....GP

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI