How to stop fleet attacking slugs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Chris21wen -> How to stop fleet attacking slugs (3/18/2020 1:26:21 PM)

How please. It keep going to attack mode when it has absolutely no chance of winning and I simply don't want it to try.

[image]local://upfiles/5388/AFD0CDE0326E48A5BE68917D0FFE5B01.jpg[/image]

Shogouki -> RE: How to stop fleet attacking slugs (3/18/2020 6:07:01 PM)

What are the engagement settings for that ship class?

Chris21wen -> RE: How to stop fleet attacking slugs (3/18/2020 9:07:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shogouki

What are the engagement settings for that ship class?

Been a while since I played, your going to have to remind me what they are and how to find them.

MatBailie -> RE: How to stop fleet attacking slugs (3/20/2020 5:42:02 PM)

Go to the ship design screen. In the top left there are rules about whether that ship type will attack on sight, when it will flee, etc.

These settings Can be changed and save for designs you've already built, and will so change the behaviour of any ships already built to that design.

You'll be doing that for Every design in your fleet. Good luck.

(I don't recall how that interacts with fleet posture. It's possible that by putting ships in a fleet you could just send them to a location with a defensive posture of only attacking when attacked?)

SirHoraceHarkness -> RE: How to stop fleet attacking slugs (3/20/2020 9:33:52 PM)

Put any ships in that system on manual and set them to defensive posture and have them patrol something. That will stop them from moving and attacking the slug but also ignore pirates and enemies too unless they attack the target your ships are patrolling. Is this very early game cause slugs are kinda weak and even a low tech ship should beat it.

Chris21wen -> RE: How to stop fleet attacking slugs (3/24/2020 6:54:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SirHoraceHarkness

Put any ships in that system on manual and set them to defensive posture and have them patrol something. That will stop them from moving and attacking the slug but also ignore pirates and enemies too unless they attack the target your ships are patrolling. Is this very early game cause slugs are kinda weak and even a low tech ship should beat it.

Thought I'd tried that and it didn't work. But maybe I just used move to and not patrol! Yes, very eary pre-warp.

Retreat1970 -> RE: How to stop fleet attacking slugs (3/24/2020 5:40:10 PM)

Options --> Empire settings --> Default engagement stances (auto, manual), --> Engage when attacked should do the trick.

Chris21wen -> RE: How to stop fleet attacking slugs (3/26/2020 7:03:54 AM)

Thanks, found it while looking for something else.

fuke -> RE: How to stop fleet attacking slugs (4/7/2020 10:23:39 PM)

This but for conservationist reasons.

The slugs are peaceful when their habitat is respected, and pose no threat to planetborne life. They just want to wiggle around and munch space rocks. Any proud warrior race should also find it dishonorable to kill harmless lithotrophs. I would always leave them alone and set aside space-nature preserves if I could.

Shogouki -> RE: How to stop fleet attacking slugs (4/8/2020 6:22:13 PM)

You know that would actually be really cool if there were societal stances you could take in the game for stuff like this.

SirHoraceHarkness -> RE: How to stop fleet attacking slugs (4/8/2020 7:49:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shogouki

You know that would actually be really cool if there were societal stances you could take in the game for stuff like this.

I would totally set it to eco-villian and design giant salt shaker ships to wipe out the giant space slugs. Ha take that captain planet! [:'(]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI