HP firmware update forcing printers to use HP Ink. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

jack54 -> HP firmware update forcing printers to use HP Ink. (3/25/2020 9:09:46 PM)

I recently purchased a HP printer 'office Jet 6579'. Prints nice but a firmware update no longer allows you to use 3rd party or re-fillable ink cartridges. I'm furious.[:@]

If they think that forcing me to buy their ink is good business they are mistaken. They're up for now but in the long run they will lose. I've bought several HP products in the past including my wife's desk top and laptop but I'm done. I will never buy another HP product again.

OldSarge -> RE: HP firmware update forcing printers to use HP Ink. (3/25/2020 9:49:03 PM)

There was a class action on that last year.

HP printer class action

HTH

jack54 -> RE: HP firmware update forcing printers to use HP Ink. (3/25/2020 10:53:17 PM)

Thanks OldSarge, I wasn't aware of this. So this was going on before I purchased my Printer. I notice my model number is not in the class action. So it's Buyer Beware I guess but I never dreamed that what was IMHO a solid a company could be so penny-wise and dollar foolish.

jimi3 -> RE: HP firmware update forcing printers to use HP Ink. (3/26/2020 3:33:02 PM)

Wouldn't you know it. Have a great Epson that required their ink only after firmware update. At over $100 a pop.
I just got an HP to replace it. No firmware updates for me. There was a class action against Epson that was recently
dismissed. You can't win.

RangerJoe -> RE: HP firmware update forcing printers to use HP Ink. (3/26/2020 5:38:36 PM)

I guess that you just should not join a class action if you can help it. I documentation/complaint simply point out something that, if true, makes you different. Like being disabled or living with a disabled person could make a difference.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: HP firmware update forcing printers to use HP Ink. (3/26/2020 8:08:18 PM)

I haven't had this problem but I use HP cartridges at $56 each. I have an M15w and was real happy with it because it is Black & White only so I don't have to buy seven color cartridges every time one runs out, and it is real small, like the size of a shoebox.

Then I used it. It has no anti-curl feature that every other printer/copier/fax since 1942 has, so all of my pages come out rolled up[:@] And check this out, HP's Help department says it is because my paper has a high water content. I need to use drier paper. [X(]

If you buy one of these rolling machines, read the fine print because it says it is a copier/scanner but it isn't. You have to take a picture of something then wifi it to the printer and print it out. That's a complete stretch [actually a lie].

demyansk -> RE: HP firmware update forcing printers to use HP Ink. (3/26/2020 11:56:13 PM)

I have bought laser printers but only black white.

Lobster -> RE: HP firmware update forcing printers to use HP Ink. (3/27/2020 3:47:54 AM)

Have an HP Deskjet 2635 all in one. No problems using non HP cartridges.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI