Entering Vichy. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School

Oberost -> Entering Vichy. (4/3/2020 1:47:45 PM)

Hi Everyone,

In my current game I created Vichy (Germany did) last turn and in the next turn, as Vichy was hostile to The Commonwealth I decided to declare war on The Commonwealth to make it active, so German units could enter Vichy without having to satisfy the foreign troop commintment limits.

The problem is that no matter what I do, the game doesn't let me to put German units in Vichy without collapsing it, although the RaC states the following: "If Vichy France is active and hostile to any major power, units controlled by the major power that installed the Vichy government can enter any Vichy controlled hex without having to satisfy the foreign troop commitment limits."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

[image]local://upfiles/69304/87E542D91D954F2F84C54AFF03F1C023.jpg[/image]

warspite1 -> RE: Entering Vichy. (4/3/2020 5:03:22 PM)

I'd be interested to know the answer. I didn't think Vichy could declare war. As usual I find RAC/RAW less than definitive so I won't guess an answer but await one of the Grognards to opine.

Centuur -> RE: Entering Vichy. (4/3/2020 5:17:56 PM)

RAW:

Vichy French collapse
If an Axis unit enters any hex in Metropolitan Vichy France before an
Allied unit does, Vichy France collapses.

That's the rules, even when Vichy is hostile and at war with the CW.

Oberost -> RE: Entering Vichy. (4/3/2020 6:22:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

RAW:

Vichy French collapse
If an Axis unit enters any hex in Metropolitan Vichy France before an
Allied unit does, Vichy France collapses.

That's the rules, even when Vichy is hostile and at war with the CW.

Ok, as Warspite1 said, I often find the rules a bit confusing/not clear enough.

Given that the game is acting that way I assume that you're completely right, so thanks for your answer.

EDIT: just one more question.

¿Why the game rolls US Entry for French Indo-China and Madagascar occupation by Japan when I colapse Vichy even when I didn't aligned those two minor countries?

paulderynck -> RE: Entering Vichy. (4/3/2020 10:05:15 PM)

There is supposed to be another US entry roll for the collapse, are you sure you saw one for Indo-China and Madagascar?

If so, you should post a bug report and saved game for this in the Tech Support section.

Oberost -> RE: Entering Vichy. (4/3/2020 10:12:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

There is supposed to be another US entry roll for the collapse, are you sure you saw one for Indo-China and Madagascar?

If so, you should post a bug report and saved game for this in the Tech Support section.

I will do it, indeed.

Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI