Marine Tankers Article on Wargamer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

KG Erwin -> Marine Tankers Article on Wargamer (7/22/2003 2:22:17 PM)

For those who are interested, Wargamer has published my brief two-page survey of Marine armor in WWII. Please check it out and let me know what you think. http://www.wargamer.com/articles/marine_tankers/

Randy -> (7/23/2003 11:34:43 AM)

Thats a great article. It is interesting to note that the Army's employment of tanks is much different than in the Marine Corps. Another book you might want to check out is:"Marine Tank Battles in the Pacific," by Oscar Gilbert. I also have Estes' book, and it is interesting to see how the Marines during the 50s almost got rid of their tanks when they were taken out of the division TO&E and placed into Force Troops. Thanks for the great article.

tmac -> (7/24/2003 6:18:42 AM)

Thanks for that link! As a serving member of the Army, son of a WWII Marine, a wargamer, a history buff, and especially a resident of Syracuse, thanks for educating me about Gunny McCard.

KG Erwin -> This makes me happy... (7/24/2003 7:22:16 AM)

...and I'm glad that I helped bring more attention to an underappreciated aspect of the war in the Pacific. This was exactly what I intended with my humble effort. To Tmac--I submitted an early draft of this article to Bill Wilder, and this led to my participation in the current Mega Campaign. If you have talent in scenario design or writing, this is how you get inside the door. To Randy-- if a Marine approves of what I've written about the Corps, then I've done my job. Thanks for your kind words. Best regards, Glenn.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI