Shouldn't the Italian player himself decide on the DoW? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support

Elessar2 -> Shouldn't the Italian player himself decide on the DoW? (4/14/2020 2:57:30 PM)

Link to recent AAR page, see post #33:

quote:

Attacking the Italian Navy:

Italy joined the war last turn due to the speed of the axis advance. However, even if the axis player purchased maritime bombers on the first turn, it is impossible for them to have been produced by this turn. This knowledge, coupled with luftwaffe sightings in France, gives me confidence to attack the Italian navy in port. I end up destroying one battleship and one heavy cruiser

Which means the DoW timing was to the advantage of the Allies, not the Italians. Shouldn't t it be the latter's call, as it was historically? IIRC a script to make it so would be easy peasy to write, wouldn't it?

BillRunacre -> RE: Shouldn't the Italian player himself decide on the DoW? (4/15/2020 1:25:37 PM)

Hi Elessar2

The difficulty with this is that if we did that, then when Italy mobilizes to 100% we would inevitably have lots of players wondering why their Italian units couldn't just cross the border into southern France or Egypt, and this would generate lots of queries on forums, as well as frustration we might not see.

Unfortunately we have no way to have an advisory message appear if a Major is fully mobilized but not actually at war with another country, in order to tell them they will need to declare war on the Allies. Otherwise I'd be more inclined to leave this to players to control.

Elessar2 -> RE: Shouldn't the Italian player himself decide on the DoW? (4/15/2020 1:59:24 PM)

Then have their decision box pop up when the Italians clear 80%, putting a hold on all other events that would push them over the magic 90% threshold, until they decide on the DoW.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI