June 4 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Astyreal -> June 4 (5/7/2020 3:28:54 PM)

Is that official ?

OldSarge -> RE: June 4 (5/7/2020 3:38:41 PM)

I hope so! An instant purchase. [sm=Cool-049.gif]

devoncop -> RE: June 4 (5/7/2020 4:20:57 PM)

What is the source ?....Edit : Confirmed in the Matrix newsletter that just arrived in my e-mail. [&o]

No price as yet.

If true it is the best news of the year gaming wise for me. My birthday the end of May and my lovely wife has promised to get it me when it comes out.....the stars are indeed aligning...[:)]

YogSogoth -> RE: June 4 (5/7/2020 4:51:39 PM)

This would certainly be an excellent news, but but there is no official trace anywhere. Source?

Edit: just read the reference to the newsletter, thanks.

OldSarge -> RE: June 4 (5/7/2020 7:39:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: devoncop

If true it is the best news of the year gaming wise for me. My birthday the end of May and my lovely wife has promised to get it me when it comes out.....the stars are indeed aligning...[:)]

Happy birthday! What a thoughtful wife! With the stars lining up, it might be time to pick up a lotto ticket or two. [:)]

devoncop -> RE: June 4 (5/7/2020 8:04:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldSarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: devoncop

Happy birthday! What a thoughtful wife! With the stars lining up, it might be time to pick up a lotto ticket or two. [:)]

I won the lotto several times over in 1994 when I married her but thanks for the advance birthday wishes :-)

As for Shadow Empire ist seems it is being rapidly patched and improved almost every day....

Roll on release day !

Culthrasa -> RE: June 4 (5/7/2020 9:16:34 PM)

Can't wait :) Might even schedule some days off to do a deep dive[sm=happy0005.gif]

KingHalford -> RE: June 4 (5/8/2020 1:52:35 AM)

Great news! Instant purchase from me too, it's the most interesting and involving game I've played in many years.

I really think it might well be a gateway drug for 4x players to get more into wargaming, and perhaps visa versa too.

olin0111 -> RE: June 4 (5/8/2020 9:00:44 AM)

Day 1 purchase for me. Looking forward to playing!

koplinsol -> RE: June 4 (5/8/2020 10:17:44 AM)

Take my money.

Bleek -> RE: June 4 (5/12/2020 3:30:54 PM)

I'm in, love the concept and detail. [8D]

nukkxx5058 -> RE: June 4 (5/12/2020 5:17:22 PM)

[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]

balto -> RE: June 4 (5/13/2020 3:28:27 AM)

Even if this is not the truth, I still achieved a massive erection. June 4th (Thursday) is great, I will take off that Friday.

CustoV131 -> RE: June 4 (5/13/2020 12:25:03 PM)

I'll make up my mind when I know what it will cost.

I like what I'm seeing mostly, but I also see room for improvement. Seeing Youtubers with many hours in the game not being able to find info reliably (despite having access to the huge manual) is a point of concern for me. Also reminders or an urgent cases popup for goals you set (promise you make to fulfill certain requirements ans so on) seems necessary, since people keep missing their goals because they are out of sight. Especially since everything reacts slowly in the game (which I like) and you have to take actions turns in advance to arrive at desired results.

Complicated and thus more realistic games, yes please.

Unnecessary complicated games, no thank you.

KingHalford -> RE: June 4 (5/14/2020 11:32:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CustoV131

I'll make up my mind when I know what it will cost.

I like what I'm seeing mostly, but I also see room for improvement. Seeing Youtubers with many hours in the game not being able to find info reliably (despite having access to the huge manual) is a point of concern for me. Also reminders or an urgent cases popup for goals you set (promise you make to fulfill certain requirements ans so on) seems necessary, since people keep missing their goals because they are out of sight. Especially since everything reacts slowly in the game (which I like) and you have to take actions turns in advance to arrive at desired results.

Complicated and thus more realistic games, yes please.

Unnecessary complicated games, no thank you.

I think it's fair here to point out that the game manual is currently unfinished: certainly the one I had access to since I got hold of the first preview copy has changed quite drastically in the last iteration. Just speaking for myself here, but I mostly struggled to find information in my Let's Play series because I was learning to play the game as I was going. If you watch DasTactic's latest series he displays a very thorough understanding of even the most complex of the game mechanics, so it's perfectly do-able.

In my opinion the game isn't over complex and all the information you need can be found. It's not always in the most intuitive place, I can agree with that, but it's there and just requires a little exploration, which is something I can credit most gamers with enough intelligence to do. That being said, I do understand that people's time is limited and that the easier something is to find, the better. I'm sure the game will continue to evolve as more feedback comes in!

Currently the most complex and difficult to understand system is logistics. I think Das has a fair understanding of it (there's a post on this board where he breaks down exactly why a seemingly unfathomable issue happened, and that's because the game is complex enough to allow for some unusual cases.

CustoV131 -> RE: June 4 (5/14/2020 8:30:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KingHalford
I think it's fair here to point out that the game manual is currently unfinished: certainly the one I had access to since I got hold of the first preview copy has changed quite drastically in the last iteration. Just speaking for myself here, but I mostly struggled to find information in my Let's Play series because I was learning to play the game as I was going. If you watch DasTactic's latest series he displays a very thorough understanding of even the most complex of the game mechanics, so it's perfectly do-able.

In my opinion the game isn't over complex and all the information you need can be found. It's not always in the most intuitive place, I can agree with that, but it's there and just requires a little exploration, which is something I can credit most gamers with enough intelligence to do. That being said, I do understand that people's time is limited and that the easier something is to find, the better. I'm sure the game will continue to evolve as more feedback comes in!

Currently the most complex and difficult to understand system is logistics. I think Das has a fair understanding of it (there's a post on this board where he breaks down exactly why a seemingly unfathomable issue happened, and that's because the game is complex enough to allow for some unusual cases.

That is good and encouraging information. Thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI