Did any SciFi novels inspire Shadow Empire? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Cheeks -> Did any SciFi novels inspire Shadow Empire? (5/9/2020 2:17:20 PM)

Per the subject title, I'm curious to see what SciFi books may have inspired the theme of this game. I may have to pull out my old Hammer's Slammers, Dune, or Old Man's War books to hold me over until the game is released.

OldSarge -> RE: Did any SciFi novels inspire Shadow Empire? (5/9/2020 4:12:30 PM)

I'm dusting off my Hammer's Slammers collection and Pournelle's series covering Falkenberg's legion. [8D]

Vic -> RE: Did any SciFi novels inspire Shadow Empire? (5/14/2020 2:57:21 PM)

The game is not heavily inspired by any fiction, but if I had to name some I would say mostly a mix of Jerry Pournelle,other low-sci-fi military science fiction writers as well as a some Traveller RPG :)

Best wishes,
Vic

CustoV131 -> RE: Did any SciFi novels inspire Shadow Empire? (6/8/2020 6:49:52 PM)

Have to check put Pournelle, those are new to me.

Might be rereading some Gaunt's Ghosts books.
Gaunt's Ghosts Wikipedia

This game certainly fires up the imagination for me.

Anyone have other recommendations for military science fiction / space opera with ground combat?

t1it -> RE: Did any SciFi novels inspire Shadow Empire? (6/8/2020 6:52:31 PM)

Love the lore, very realistic all things considered (NWO and Big Corparations etc.)

chb75 -> RE: Did any SciFi novels inspire Shadow Empire? (6/9/2020 9:02:46 PM)

I dont know about an ispiration from a book... but Shadow Empire seems the successor of the 1996 Emperor of the Fading suns" a very old pc game .. full of fantastic ideas some also present here

The pity was that that game was never fully finished and polished : i dont know if Vic ever knew about that game, but Se is what EOFS could have been..
Now Vic just need to develop interpaletary travel, some politics: and my 24 years old dreams will come true!

Zenra -> RE: Did any SciFi novels inspire Shadow Empire? (6/10/2020 12:08:11 AM)

EotFS was a classic and truly ahead of its time. Matt Caspermeyer’s “Hyperion” mod gave it more legs and playability long beyond the developer dropping it. My daughter and son still play from time to time. Great memories, and I agree that so far SE is at least a spiritual successor.

diamondspider -> RE: Did any SciFi novels inspire Shadow Empire? (6/10/2020 12:09:15 AM)

There is a reference to David Weber's Honor Harrington series in the manual also.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI