Weather stuck? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

dplummer -> Weather stuck? (5/20/2020 1:46:38 AM)

Playing the ID-Europe 1939-1945 scenario and the weather seems to be stuck.

At least I've advanced turns to Axis Turn 45 June 8, 1940 and it is still late winter, each zone frozen 3, with frozen marshland in Egypt?

Is there some way to correct of is this game dead?

Thanks.

dplummer -> RE: Weather stuck? (5/20/2020 3:22:24 AM)

Just ran a new game of the scenario and simply advanced to turn 41, May 11, 1940. Same thing happening with all zones frozen solid, late winter continuing, rivers and lakes frozen and the new ice age arriving.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem with this scenario or any other?

If this continues pretty much makes the scenario, and if in other scenarios then the game unplayable for me.

Thanks.

cathar1244 -> RE: Weather stuck? (5/20/2020 7:41:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dplummer

Playing the ID-Europe 1939-1945 scenario and the weather seems to be stuck.

At least I've advanced turns to Axis Turn 45 June 8, 1940 and it is still late winter, each zone frozen 3, with frozen marshland in Egypt?

Is there some way to correct of is this game dead?

Thanks.

I looked at the default scenario files and did not see one with the name "ID-Europe 1939-1945". Is this by a chance a version 3 scenario you're running? Can you zip the scenario file and post it here for inspection? Offhand, it sounds like weather events are out of whack.

Cheers

dplummer -> RE: Weather stuck? (5/20/2020 6:20:41 PM)

Sorry, ID is for Into the Darkness. I got it linked from Larry Fulkerson's Recent Scenario Submissions posting.

points to https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4442098

Lobster -> RE: Weather stuck? (5/20/2020 6:42:05 PM)

It's was made in 2015. So not exactly new. [;)]

dplummer -> RE: Weather stuck? (5/20/2020 9:39:18 PM)

So in theory would the hope be if I open in the editor and save it will be updated to TOW 4 and then I can see if that fixes the issue? Trying to understand the weather events would be well beyond me.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Weather stuck? (5/20/2020 11:58:16 PM)

The post does say 'Untested and revision needed', so it seems that it is an unfinished scenario. It also seems that Mark [the designer] hasn't been here is several months. I hope all is well with him.

I can take a look at the weather events to see what is up.

Edit: I can't tell by the linked thread in Post 4 if Mark is done with it, or still working on it. I looked at the Weather Events and he does things different from how I do them, so I wouldn't mess with it if he is still working on it.

I'm not sure what effect the setting circled below has. If I were working on this one myself I would change it and then let it run C2C for a while to what effect it has.

[image]local://upfiles/24850/F6C11130079E4D03B802E9ED1FE70B89.jpg[/image]

dplummer -> RE: Weather stuck? (5/21/2020 2:36:49 AM)

thanks, appreciate your taking a look. I realize this is old and also possible unfinished. I'll give what you suggest a try but also may just look for a different scenario for now.

cathar1244 -> RE: Weather stuck? (5/21/2020 5:04:28 AM)

quote:

thanks, appreciate your taking a look. I realize this is old and also possible unfinished. I'll give what you suggest a try but also may just look for a different scenario for now.

The file also appears to be a version 3 scenario. Probably should be saved as a version 4 scenario before any play is attempted.

Cheers

Lobster -> RE: Weather stuck? (5/21/2020 12:18:54 PM)

quote:

with frozen marshland in Egypt?

In the editor change the last weather zone to hot. Second weather zone to temperate. It's a big map that covers lots of real life weather zones.

dplummer -> RE: Weather stuck? (5/21/2020 4:51:39 PM)

tried saving to v 4 and making changes in the environment but same still happening, just a little delayed.

Am noticing comments in the recent news dialogue of late winter - cold weather across Europe so assume that's something in the events for the scenario.

I'll just give another scenario a go and chalk this up to still being unfinished.

thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI