Any way to do AI vs AI or see AI turns (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold

NeimanMarxist -> Any way to do AI vs AI or see AI turns (5/26/2020 2:17:09 AM)

Hello,

I'm trying to learn this game but as we all know AGEOD learning curves can be steep, especially for those of us new to war games.

I'm wondering if there is any way to set the game to AI versus AI (as in playing itself) or to see complete AI turns so I can get a sense of how the AI approaches each scenario (yes, I am playing scenarios and staying away from the campaigns for now). I've checked the manual but it doesn't seem like I can do what I want to do but I wanted to ask the community.

Thanks!

loki100 -> RE: Any way to do AI vs AI or see AI turns (5/26/2020 6:41:00 AM)

you can't do AI-AI, I think you can open the AI's turns (but I forget).

While they were for the original RuS (so some mechanics have changed), I'd strongly suggest find and read Bornego's classic 3 AARs for the game. They'll really help both with game details (recruitment/stack building etc) and with an appreciation of the wider picture).

Unfortunately they are buried deep on the long abandoned Paradox AGEOD AAR pages. Do a search for his name and something like 'Stranded Admiral' that'll bring up a link.

NeimanMarxist -> RE: Any way to do AI vs AI or see AI turns (5/26/2020 4:45:07 PM)

Thank you!

I can't post links but I think the one you mean is called "Who put the stranded Admiral in charge? - Siberian White Short Campaign PBEM"

Nikel -> RE: Any way to do AI vs AI or see AI turns (1/12/2022 5:16:02 PM)

Yes, it is possible.

However is messy and, I guess, only recommended for debugging.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=53778&p=406382&hilit=autoturn#p406382

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI