Tortured syntax (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Zerosen4281857 -> Tortured syntax (6/4/2020 4:10:00 PM)

The writing needs some work.

TomTry -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/4/2020 9:36:23 PM)

Agreed, there is some tidying to be done.

Vic, what is the most helpful way of feeding back typos etc?

Stuie -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/5/2020 1:36:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zerosen4281857

The writing needs some work.

Adding my voice - that was the first thing that jumped out at me as well. Grammar, typos, whatever, the text could use some decent editing.

GloriousRuse -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/5/2020 1:54:40 AM)

I take it English isn't Vic's first language. Perhaps he'd allow some community translation?

flyinj -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/5/2020 2:42:57 AM)

There are also some really bad errors in the manual.

Such as explaining what values are in screenshots and what they mean, and the screenshots show completely different values. This makes reading the manual pretty frustrating when trying to learn.

Adam Rinkleff -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/5/2020 3:18:45 AM)

I'd be willing to volunteer and help with this. I would imagine there is some kind of spreadsheet with all the in-game text.

Vic -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/5/2020 6:34:35 AM)

I'll see if I can organize a dedicated place to do this. I am very open to keep making corrections over the long haul.

Coin -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/5/2020 6:40:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adam Rinkleff

I'd be willing to volunteer and help with this. I would imagine there is some kind of spreadsheet with all the in-game text.

I’d be willing to volunteer as well. Perhaps you could use something like ”Crowdin”. The developers of Deep Rock Galactic have had great success using it and Thanks to their fans There are virtually No errors and the game had been translate into multiple languages as well.

TomTry -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/5/2020 9:42:12 PM)

+1 to volunteer on this. Would also be happy to do a number on the manual.

GodwinW -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/6/2020 1:05:00 AM)

I think you're Dutch-speaking, because one little language issue I saw was a streamer who was confused about certain groups, during the Apocalypse, hamstering goods. Well, that's basically Dutch for stockpiling goods :)

moltobenny -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/6/2020 3:08:01 AM)

I think before anything else, we need to fix "workers leaving pubic employment."

Adam Rinkleff -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/6/2020 3:19:54 AM)

I'm most concerned about the very serious effects of time of relative calm which will come into full force in 1 turns.

That just sounds ominous.

Will_L -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/6/2020 8:28:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: moltobenny
I think before anything else, we need to fix "workers leaving pubic employment."

That one's a keeper [8D]

Kriegsspieler -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/7/2020 6:22:31 PM)

Let me add here that I am willing to offer myself to do a front-to-back proofreading and copyediting of the manual. It looks to me like it would be a good idea for a native English speaker to take a crack at this, although in large measure I think the manual is pretty clear.

In any case, I have done this before for several Paradox games -- that is, back in the distant past, when they actually HAD manuals -- and I would be happy to do so here. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

eddieballgame -> RE: Tortured syntax (6/7/2020 9:14:28 PM)

Kudos to the volunteers.
I would, also, but I do not want to take away my time from playing. :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI